What to do about a landlord that won't give security deposit back?

my friend just moved. she was an excelent tenant. the landlord will not give the security deposit back. we live in westmoreland county in pennsylvania. where can i get a copy of the renters rights? there were some small things wrong but i heard that a landlord is supposed to take off a certain percent for wear... show more my friend just moved. she was an excelent tenant. the landlord will not give the security deposit back. we live in westmoreland county in pennsylvania. where can i get a copy of the renters rights? there were some small things wrong but i heard that a landlord is supposed to take off a certain percent for wear & tear. plus the house is made with asbestos siding. he never told us this. the cable guy did. my friend has breathing issues. can we sue him or something? she had the issues before but they are worse now. she cleaned the apt before she moved in & when she left. plus she made improvements. what can we do?