Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureReligion & Spirituality · 1 decade ago

If evolution is more than a children's story, how do you explain all the dinosaur and caveman cartoons?

There was Alley Oop, the Flintstones, Ice Age, Transformers, the Land Before Time, and thousands and thousands of other cartoons made as thinly disguised evolutionist propaganda. If it's not just childrens stories why are you targeting the young gullible children like that?

Favorite Answer

Hang on a sec... sorry, I was putting away these Bible Tales picture books my niece's Sunday school sent home with her. Let me just put the Noah's Ark coloring book down, tell her to turn down the Jonah episode of Veggie Tales she's watching, and finish placing this order for the Tales of Virtue and Beginner's Bible for Toddlers...

Now then, what's that you were saying about something only being a children's story with no merit if someone turns it into cartoons targeted at young and gullible children?

Your points are ignorant and just plain silly for a variety of reasons, such as:

1) Not all cartoons and comic strips are created solely for children, or at all for children. Alley Oop was certainly created for newspaper readers, which has always been almost entirely an adult market. Also, it's ludicrous to consider that particular comic strip a propaganda tool for evolution, when it was inspired by the many archaeological projects that were big news back then (the 1930s). How one could get from having some imagination about what those bones could mean, and evolutionary propaganda will remain a mystery to me.

2) As stated by others, Alley Oop and the Flintstones would more closely align creationist propaganda than evolution theory does. Funny, it's only in comics and creationist minds that posit dinosaurs and humans living together.

3) If teaching children about evolution, whether through classroom instruction or cartoons, is "targetting" them, then wouldn't it follow that religious or religion-inspired programs (Ten Commandments movie, anyone?), or bible peddlers in schools, or indoctrinators like priests and parents target children as well?

In other words, try again.

Did you know that all that is is someone's interpretation of someone else's cave drawings? You cannot know what was in the mind of the artist, and that artist isn't around anymore. Five thousand years from now, people may use art work from Coney Island to prove that 20th Century people force-fed each other laxatives, creating rivers of **** in which the condemned were forced to swim (The Hell Hole). On the other hand, there are no dinosaur fossils (excluding birds) after 65 million years ago, and there aren't any fossils of any type of hominids for MILLIONS of years after that. I think that's a bit on the harder side of evidence. Don't you?

The Flintstones was primetime, targeting adults, and dinosaurs were not Stone Age. Humans and dinosaurs together is a Hollywood and Creationist concept, not science. Dinosaurs sell, but the Creationists claim that humans with dinosaurs was real. The charge of propeganda does not lie with evolution.

So...childrens cartoons feature dinosaurs and cavemen therefore evolution is false. Yeah. Ok. As for targeting children with propaganda...are you familiar with the concept of hypocrisy?

Um Hello?

The Flintstones actually portrays humans and dinosaurs co-existing together. That is some bs creationist propaganda right there.

Cause evolution has been basically proven, it is OK to intertwine it among our lives now. If one has an issue with their children watching these shows they can get up and turn off the TV. It's up to the parent.

Oh I'm sorry, but I felt offended while playing Spore because it was teaching intelligent design subversively and targeting young video gamers.

But I still played it because IT WAS ONLY A GAME!

How are the flinstones promoting evolution? Human beings are riding on dinosaurs! Which one do you not believe in, dinosaurs or humans?

I would have never made that connection and I still don't. If they were promoting evolution wouldn't you expect them to do a better job of it?