promotion image of download ymail app
Promoted
Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Politics & GovernmentElections · 1 decade ago

Aren't Republican tax cuts currently "fixing" the economy?

I thought the Bush tax cuts are STILL in place..

If something is broke.. Shouldn't we fix it?

Update:

Ok State got blown by the longhorns.. I lost a G cause of them scrubs.. I think you should use a brain.. Mccain wants a continuation of this failed policy, weather or not it created problems, it sure as hell isn't solving any...

8 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

Two points:

1) Revenue to the US governement are higher when taxes are lower. It incents job creation. (Clinton tax policy versus Bush or Kennedy tax policy shows that fact.)

2) We spend too much currently. If we had continued at the same spending rates as Clinton, the annual budget would be balanced.

Don't forget that even Clinton balanced the budget for two out of the eight years he was in office. The other six years, the government spent more than it brought in. Total excess spending under Clinton during his eight year term was $1.8 trillion. Most people do not recognize that fact.

If we implement Obama's tax program, we will reduce the income that comes into the government will decrease as history has verified for us over and over again. The spending under Obama will increase; not decrease. Not a good idea in a slowing economy.

• Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago

You talk about how democrats cant control spending but Bush has spent more money in Iraq then Clinton spend on Social Program. During clinton presidency debt clock was taken down because it was decreasing and in Bush's years it more than doubled and we ran out of space

• Tim
    Lv 4
    1 decade ago

Yes I guess that the tax cuts in place are doing their job. I think that the fix will come soon. But it will take a long time to clean the barn from the results of the eight years of elephants in residence.

• eldude
    Lv 5
    1 decade ago

there is no control over democrat spending. It starting with Clinton giving away loans to people that cannot afford them, then making the tax payers pay them off.

AP states that Obama's economic plan will add more than 1 trillion dollars of defecit within his first year.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 decade ago

Yes genius, because the Bush tax cuts are single handedly responsible for our poor economy. And more taxes will sure as hell fix that! *rolls eyes*

Use that brain next time.

Yes, becasue losing by 4 points is a "blowout," good one moron.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

"Give the tax cuts/strategy/bailout plan/fill-in-the-blank time to work!" -- President George W. Bush on any number of occasions

• Derek
    Lv 7
    1 decade ago

No they are not. Its funny when a Republican gets in office, there's always a deep recession.

Reagan?

Bush I?

Bush Jr?

• 1 decade ago

Muhahahaha! Thanx for the laugh from your first question!

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.