Anonymous
Anonymous asked in SportsBasketball · 1 decade ago

Memphis needs a PF bad?

Who do you think they should get. I say they should of done the zach randoplh trade

Favorite Answer

If Darrell Arthur keeps playing like he did tonight I think he could be the Grizzlies PF. He really impressed me tonight. In 27 minutes he had 11 points and 15 rebounds 2 blocks in his first regular season game

Well they aren't going to get anything good from a trade. Memphis has nothing to offer for anyone decent. They are going to end up with a top pick in the 09 draft, hopefully they will take a top PF. They have some good pieces in place. I think Michael Conley, OJ Mayo, and Rudy Gay are all stars in the making. They just need a good big man and I think that team could potentially be a playoff team in the West, especially as some of the former West powers like Phoenix, San Antonio, and Dallas start to fade away.

Im a Knick fan and my initial reaction is no way on Zach Randolph.

Eddy Curry on the other hand I would trade straight up for Darko Milicic. Lets face it Darko would never be 2nd pick good. But, he has gotten pretty good in his Orlando/Grizzlies years. He is a 10+ ppg/8+ rpg player and more importantly he can run the floor in a D'Antoni system w/ ease.

Curry cannot do this, but the Grizzlies would get a body that can score and he led the paint in points in 2007 when he was not a 2nd option to Zach, but a first option not only in the front court but on the team as well. He is a 20+ ppg player and is a tough cover because he isn't fast, but has quick footwork and he is string as an ox. Even gave DH12 trouble by getting the better of him. Curry would die if he played for D'Antoni the Grizzlies are a fast paced team that has not reached identity meaning they have a lot of big men this year Haddadi, Milicic, Warrick, and Gasol so they probably want to slow things down and muscle it in and Curry is just the option.

No, randdolph plays no defense, he just scores and rebounds, darrel arthur played well, and darko millicic is a good pf, but I think they are going to get a pf in 09 draft

d. arthur is a beast with 15reb in his debut

i think that kid can be their pf

darko was garbage tonight

i would hate to think about what a guy like zach would do to a young team

I live in memphis yeahhh it was a bad trade.

• You guys have a very talented center... Hamed Haddadi.

Led Olympics in rebounds and blocks. I would be satistfied with those numbers