Why do women wear revealing/tight clothing?

I'm actually asking this as a real question. Starting at about age 14(and getting younger I'm pretty sure) many females start wearing revealing/tight clothing; not just girls but women too. When girls wear stuff like that, you're indirectly suggesting people to look but obviously they get disgusted when people do... show more I'm actually asking this as a real question. Starting at about age 14(and getting younger I'm pretty sure) many females start wearing revealing/tight clothing; not just girls but women too. When girls wear stuff like that, you're indirectly suggesting people to look but obviously they get disgusted when people do look(stare?). Also I'm not trying to justify rapists but when girls wear these kinds of clothes, they're just inviting rapists.

So girls don't like it when people look and clearly they don't want to get raped, why wear these kinds of clothes?
Update: lol I forgot to include a line "By no means am I trying to justify rape." And that sure stirred up a lot of rage XD. Some people did get my point though; it's not that by wearing these clothing the girl is "inviting" consciously but to the rapist, that sure is a nice target. The point... show more lol I forgot to include a line "By no means am I trying to justify rape." And that sure stirred up a lot of rage XD. Some people did get my point though; it's not that by wearing these clothing the girl is "inviting" consciously but to the rapist, that sure is a nice target.

The point about rape in ballets and beaches, that doesn't happen because more importantly, rapists rape when they know they can get away with it. In a public place like a beach or a ballet, hundreds of other people are there and you won't get away with it no matter how hard you tried.

I tried to simplify things in the questions although I guess it made me sound ignorant. I'm quite aware of the seriousness of this topic and that is exactly the reason I'm asking it. Interestingly, many women blurted out outrageously at the sight of the word "rape".

Actually I've been reading <I>THE DARK SIDE OF MAN</I>(I hope that was italics lol) and interviews of rapists mostly suggest a sexual motive behind the crimes.
Update 2: more details?
Update 3: k, that was a test cause I only have 1000 word limits in each additional detail lol. Rape IS a daily thing and happens once around every minute somewhere in the world. A big chunk of this happens in America. I pointed that out cause I know some people probably think they're safe in a developed country like... show more k, that was a test cause I only have 1000 word limits in each additional detail lol.

Rape IS a daily thing and happens once around every minute somewhere in the world. A big chunk of this happens in America. I pointed that out cause I know some people probably think they're safe in a developed country like America.

By no means is this a small topic that can be answered here and there isn't really a true answer though so far, some answers have be very good.

Someone mentioned about these clothes being comfortable and I gotta argue that. If it is so comfortable, why suddenly start wearing it at 14 and not when they were 7?

Sure I get that guys also wear different clothes and I do find it hilariously ridiculous when some dude wears jeans that the belt line is at his knees and he can't even walk straight.

Maybe I should redirect this topic to a forum so people can further discuss this...

By the way, keep in mind that there is a rhetorical aspect to this question...
Update 4: Oh yeah, grannies and guys get raped too but about 90% of it is women and about 90% of those are aged 14-35. Maybe YOU should get your facts straight before judging me? If someone starts this topic on a forum, post it here cause I'm sure many people would go and visit it. The best answer would probably go to... show more Oh yeah, grannies and guys get raped too but about 90% of it is women and about 90% of those are aged 14-35. Maybe YOU should get your facts straight before judging me? If someone starts this topic on a forum, post it here cause I'm sure many people would go and visit it.

The best answer would probably go to the provider of a good forum since this is more so a discussion than anything. Sorry to people who wanted best answer and already answered that I haven't said that earlier.
Update 5: A lot of responses seem to regard attracting men one way or another but note that when someone is good looking, I (and many others) notice it even, or maybe especially, when they wear "normal" sweaters and sweat pants. I cannot think of an example where you can attract the "right" kind of... show more A lot of responses seem to regard attracting men one way or another but note that when someone is good looking, I (and many others) notice it even, or maybe especially, when they wear "normal" sweaters and sweat pants.

I cannot think of an example where you can attract the "right" kind of attention other than fake compliments which we all know are fake and you get them no matter what you wear.

And to some rapists, unattractiveness isn't as much of a turn-off as you'd think. Guys would understand more but the sexual hormones can be so overwhelming at times, it takes over your mind and you just want to ejaculate (but instinctively, to achieve that is through sex). Again, a forum is probably a better home for this topic but posting it here gathers so much more attention than anywhere else. Now I just need to direct this to a forum...
Update 6: Oh wait, I DID say I'm not trying to justify rapists in the original question. Makes you wonder why so many WOMEN thought i was trying to justify rapists. XD

?
emotions + criticism > facts + words
?
=)
Update 7: Sucks how you can edit or re-answer in yahoo, rendering many topics "useless" after first read/reply. I'd be glad to further discuss this via E-mail until I find I forum to put this topic in. You can contact me at tedmuhaha@hotmail.com
Update 8: Oh man, Yahoo! Answers is quite pathetic after all. Every topic gets a rush of replies the second it comes up, everyone hoping they'd get chosen as the best answer for useless points and no one ever pursues the topics they actually find interesting... Guess I chose the wrong place to gather attention for a... show more Oh man, Yahoo! Answers is quite pathetic after all. Every topic gets a rush of replies the second it comes up, everyone hoping they'd get chosen as the best answer for useless points and no one ever pursues the topics they actually find interesting...

Guess I chose the wrong place to gather attention for a discussion...
Update 9: It's sad when people don't look at this open-mindedly and start calling me names like "bigot" not to point any fingers... lol Yes I know that media has a huge role in this but if that were the case, if the media started to become filled with nude people regularly, would a big chunk of us... show more It's sad when people don't look at this open-mindedly and start calling me names like "bigot" not to point any fingers... lol

Yes I know that media has a huge role in this but if that were the case, if the media started to become filled with nude people regularly, would a big chunk of us attempt to go outside nude? Sure the media is influential but we still have to think before doing the things we do which most people apparently don't.

Peer pressure is definitely another high influence in this area but it again goes back to people having to think for themselves what's good for them. If I were your peer and I told you not to wear clothes at all cause wearing clothes isn't cool, I'm sure most people wouldn't listen to me. So why listen to people who want you to wear the revealing and tights?
Update 10: Regarding rape being more violent than sexual: Most people, females in particular, (with the exception of online gamers though lol) would consider themselves raped ONLY when they've been assaulted sexually. I'm not judging the respondents in particular but the media always tries to come up with... show more Regarding rape being more violent than sexual: Most people, females in particular, (with the exception of online gamers though lol) would consider themselves raped ONLY when they've been assaulted sexually. I'm not judging the respondents in particular but the media always tries to come up with "smart" ideas that people will buy. Clearly rape IS about sex but in order to sound smart, the media claims it to be more violent than sexual.

Yes I know I'm basing my opinion mainly on one source but when it makes sense and agrees with logic rather than just trying to sound smart the periodicals are expected to, it's going to be one good source.

There are always exceptions to everything and sometimes it may be about power but that's just SOME of the FEW cases the media presents. The rapes clearly related to violence accounts for less than 1% of rape acts so people shouldn't generalize based on such data.
Update 11: Maybe tight clothing doesn't allow easy accessibility for rapists but revealing clothing do. Yes I may have simplified the question a little too much and made it sound like I'm trying to blame the victims for the rapes but trust me, I'm not. I do suggest that they're partially at fault though... show more Maybe tight clothing doesn't allow easy accessibility for rapists but revealing clothing do.

Yes I may have simplified the question a little too much and made it sound like I'm trying to blame the victims for the rapes but trust me, I'm not. I do suggest that they're partially at fault though even though this part may be like 1% or 5%? If you say the way women dress has NOTHING to do to men's sexual arousal and thoughts of sex, then you are the one who's diluted.

Most girls don't seem to enjoy wearing these clothes if it weren't for the judgment of others and if anything, I'm trying to bring awareness to that than just blaming the victims which I'm not (though I agree I kinda sound like I am).

I apologize if my vagueness has offended people but Yahoo REALLY limits me with the amount of words I can use and most people won't read this much already.