Would the crime rate drop in this country if......?

people were allowed to have concealed weapons?

I was wondering if criminals would second guess robbing people if they knew that concealed weapons were a possibility. I know its a possibility already but if it was legal I think people would think twice about it

Favorite Answer

Yes. According to the FBI, states with concealed carry laws enjoy a 17% lower rate of violent crime than states that do not allow concealed carry. There is an old adage that goes: "An Armed Society is a Polite Society" The UK is a prime example of what happens when you disarm the populous. The violent crime rate in Great Britain increased 200% in the first year following their national firearms ban (NRA). If that doesn't prove the point I don't know what can.

Source(s): Federal Bureau of Investigation The National Rifle Association
  • Mike S

States who have adopted concealed carry have some of the lowest rates in the country, whereas cities like DC, Chicago, and New York, who have bans on handguns, have the highest rates of gun crime.

Kennesaw, GA has imposed a law where every home must have a gun ready for self defense. There was an 89% drop in the crime rate after this law was passed.

People are allowed to have concealed weapons, in most states. A background check,and I believe a fingerprint are done.You have to pass a test, and then you can have a "concealed carry license". Everybody and their brother should not be allowed to have one, I do believe that there should be some sort of mental health check(which is hard to do without violating people's right to privacy), but I believe crime would go down. Check out other countries and their crime rates.

No, because many people have concealed weapons already. Even if it wasnt concealed, many people still have weapons.

The only way to effectively eliminate the crime rate would be if our society was more similar to that of say... the Soviet Union in the last few decades, when people accused of a crime were taken behind a building and shot. Or just shot for no real reason at all.

No, people would kill more, so the petty crimes may go down, but deaths would be way up. I carry a concealed weapon, only had to "flash it" once. I delivered pizza in a city, over heard the people talking about robbing me, so I made sure I opened my coat when they came to the door. But that was the only time.

If responsible, sane people were allowed to have concealed weapons, crime rate could possibly drop, yes.

No, crime ought to enhance. And your "recommendations" to think about aren't from now on real. no longer all states have an automatic 25 3 hundred and sixty 5 days sentences for crimes dedicated with a gun. And of those states that do, none have a needed solitary confinement (no longer team spirit confinemant. resources of convicted felons aren't from now on siezed, till they're for drug appropriate crimes, and that is a federal statute, although some states prepare it. And at the same time as in confinement you aren't from now on compelled to get an training. to prevail that is encourged, even if that isn't any longer enforced. and that i comprehend of no penal equipment that forces inmates to earn more advantageous college ranges. And again, i comprehend of no guidelines that ought to emphasise a released convict to furnish area of his gross sales again to "the equipment". i'm no longer effective no matter if you meant to modern-day those pie in the sky techniques as truth, yet both way, they does no longer artwork. you in effortless words won't be able to emphasise absolutely everyone to do something they don't opt to do, or to prevail in an business enterprise, they are not sensible adequate to achieve. and ultimately, if the 2d change is repealed,hence outlawing gun possession, you've in effortless words executed in taking guns faraway from truthful voters. Criminals ought to nonetheless be able to get their fingers on unlawful guns. An armed society is continually safer than an unarmed one.

i think people that want to carry concealed weapons are already doing it... legally or not.

NO! And what does having a concealed weapon have to do with anything in regards to crime rate?

People are going to get guns no matter what!

I would say yes. I really believe that it would. Think about it, if you're in a room full of people with guns, you're not going want to be the first one to fire a shot.