Fable 2: No weapons in Bloodstone glitch?

Okay, so I got no response from the first one. Here's how it goes... I was playing Fable 2, and I started the quest The Hero of Skill. I talked to Reaver, but I was lacking 12444 renown to get him on my side. So, I thought I'd do some quests. I started Treasure Island of Doom. I talked to the pirate and he... show more Okay, so I got no response from the first one. Here's how it goes...

I was playing Fable 2, and I started the quest The Hero of Skill. I talked to Reaver, but I was lacking 12444 renown to get him on my side. So, I thought I'd do some quests. I started Treasure Island of Doom. I talked to the pirate and he wanted a beer. I walked up to the Bartender, but I could not trade him. The A button had no response. I ran (The A button still worked, but I couldn't trade him or anyone else) out of the bar and tried another quest (I can't remember what it was called, the one where you have to kill the banshee in Bloodstone). I couldn't take out my axe or my gun to kill it, and I couldn't use will. I get more than 25000 more renown, but it still says I need 1244 more. How do I fix this? How can this be avoided? Do I have to start a new game? And how does it happen?

(I am not connected to Xbox Live when I play, If that's helpful at all.)