Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Pregnancy & ParentingNewborn & Baby · 1 decade ago

Am I the only nursing mom...?

...who still has a period that is like clock work?? I have the same PMS symptoms I did before baby and have a very regular cycle. I've had it back since 6 weeks. My son is 10 months now.

Anyone else or am I freak here?

Favorite Answer

You are a freak Ellie but you already know that, LOL, J/K. You are the only one I know though. Hey, at least you know when to be extra careful, right?!! It's been almost 40 days since I stopped and I'm still waiting on mine (I had it the day I stopped). I've wasted 4 pregnancy tests so far.

nope, you're not the only one. I've had my period for a longtime, forgot even when i got my first one after the baby, but it's regular. every 28 days. PMS too. My daughter is turning 1 this sunday.

I was on the minipill but it lowered my sex drive and i wanted to try for another baby so i got off it. not long after, i had a period. i stopped taking the pill in May, so i started in June, ever since then, it's been regular and i'm still nursing.

you're conversing approximately cats I think of. ( i'm hoping so! now days each word is blended up with some thing distinctive!) sure. some lady cats at the instant are not good mothers, at an identical time as others are so surprising. I even have seen our cat bringing to our doorsteps 3 kittens and nursing them, we've been taken aback because of the fact our cat became into spayed. Following ther path we found out a ineffective cat with alive kittens round her physique. Our cat delivered them abode and nursing them till they took of looking! mom Nature is dazzling in situations like that.

• Luna27

My son is 6 months old today and I have only had 1 when he was 4 months old. I am not sure which is worse, I would almost rather have a regular one than to not know when or if mine might come.

Total freak ;)

I got my 1st post baby period a couple of weeks ago and my son is almost 9mo, but everyone I know had their periods like usual and thought I was prego for 8 months before I got my period, lmao.

It was fun while it lasted, but now I feel like a normal woman again.

My periods returned around 12-14 for each child, even the two that had reflux and nursed alot. There are strict guidelines for those who want to use bf as birth control ("ecological nursing"), and even when I tried following that the third time, my period still came at 12 weeks.

I got my period when my daughter was about 7 weeks old. I thought it was weird, too, until I posted a question on here and got many other nursing moms say it happened to them too! With my first baby, I didn't get my period until he was 7 months old and I was looking forward to my "break" this time around and was disappointed when it was cut short, lol.

Wow! I guess every woman IS different. My son just turned 1 and I've nursed the entire time. I barely got a short tiny cycle this month. Lucky me. Sorry for you though . . .

I breastfed my baby till last week. She is 10 months now. And my periods started when she was 3 months old. Its been just like before I had my baby.

People are so cranky sometimes...I haven't got mine back yet...THANK GOD. But, I have had some symptoms of the onset (my baby girl is 5 months old)....My SIL got hers back at 10 months...and with my first it wasn't until 18 months...I was also running like a maniac...Not so much this time...who has time with 2? And FULL-TIME PLUS employment? So I am expecting it...maybe you have yours so soon because you are SOOO INNNCRREDDIBBLLLYYYY Fertile...hmmm, should you test that hypothosis out?