Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Politics & GovernmentElections · 1 decade ago

Do you make under 250,000 per yr and therefore qualify for Obama’s tax cut? ?

My guess is that you do (otherwise you would not be in this forum right now).

Favorite Answer

N O ! ! ! . . Only in YOUR DREAMS !!!

CHANGE ... is ALL that you will get back from the Socialist / Communist / Liberal / Marxist Democrats, when they TAKE your hard earned paycheck from you to give it to able-bodied people, "FEEDERS", who do NOT want to get off of their butts and actually get a job !!

Our wonderful government hand-out programs !!

Please, TRY to .. HOPE .. in one hand and SPIT in the other hand!

Which one is filling up the fastest ??

.

CHANGE is NOT a destination !!

HOPE is NOT a strategy !!

.

Obama Sheople are all about Change and Hope !! .. They can NOT explain what that REALLY means, but they are for it !!

For those who understand, no explanation is needed.

For those who do not understand, no explanation is possible.

What we DO know .. IS ... By the time that JUNIOR U.S. Senator Obama allows Bush's Tax Cuts to expire ... ALL Taxes will go back to what they were BEFORE the cuts - EVERYONES !!!!

How does JUNIOR U.S. Senator plan on paying for ALL of HIS campaign promises AND finance HIS Global Poverty Act (S.2433) ???

TAXES, TAXES, and MORE TAXES !!!

In the Primaries, CURRENT Democratic VP Nominee - - SENIOR U.S. Senator Biden . . . SAID that JUNIOR U.S. Senator Obama is - NO WHERE NEAR READY to LEAD America !!!

I have seen and heard enough of what JUNIOR U.S. Senator Obama wants to DO TO America !!! . . . Enough to know that HIS ideas and policies for America are NOT GOOD FOR America !!!

MORE than half of ALL TRUE Americans know that JUNIOR U.S. Senator Obama, with 143 DAY of ACTUAL WORK experience as a JUNIOR U.S. Senator, AND NO EXECUTIVE Management Experience, .. is NOT ANY WHERE NEAR READY to be OUR President of the United States of America !!!

And you know that JUNIOR U.S. Senator Obama's CHANGE is actually an acronym :

C - Come

H - Help

A - A

N - Narcissist

G - Get

E - Elected

The MAIN, bad idea of Obama, that I believe ALL True Americans should research and READ is .. Obama's Global Poverty Act (S.2433) which will surrender America's sovereignty to the United Nations !!

I .. HAVE .. and .. WILL .. Vote for the BEST person for the job !!

JUNIOR U.S. Senator Obama is NOT the Best person to be THE President of THE United States of America !!!

.

Why would WE want ANYONE that does not have ANY mangerial experience to TRY to be THE President of THE United States of America ???

Can YOU get over the FACT that JUNIOR U.S. Senator Obama IS going to turn over the sovereignty of the United States to the United Nations ???

ALL ... TRUE Americans need to READ the Global Poverty Act (S.2433) !!!

.

Governors MANAGE ENTIRE STATES !!!

JUNIOR U.S. Senators TRY to Legislate !!!

JUNIOR U. S. Senator Obama did NOT complete his FIRST term in office !!

... with just 143 days of ACTUAL experience

... HE decided

... that he DESERVED to be THE President of THE United States of America !!!

.

JUNIOR U.S. Senator Obama, the Unions, and the Democrats are sending messages to big business to downsize in America and send more jobs to foreign countries.

Brilliant ideas from JUNIOR U.S. Senator Obama, the Democrats and the Unions (SARCASM) !!!!

.

MOST JUNIOR U.S. Senator Obama Supporters do NOT care about his ideals and policies ... they JUST WANT AN AFRICAN AMERICAN as President !!!

I have NO problem voting for an African American or a woman or any other minorty as long as they are the BEST PERSON for the position !!!

JUNIOR U.S. Senator Obama is NOT the BEST person to be OUR President of THE United States of America !!

.

JUNIOR U.S. Senator Obama is ANTI-American.

WE NEED to start doing the "REPORT ABUSE" Button on the ABUSIVE Obama Supporters for EVERY LITTLE ... POSSIBLE ... Violation, like they do to the rest of the people on here !!!!

.

KS1982

• Steve

Everybody qualifies for Obama's tax cut, even if you make over 250,000 per year. It is a cut on the payroll tax, which everyone pays at 15.3% up to a maximum of $70k (thus making it a regressive tax, one which is payed for at a higher percentage the poorer you are). Sen. Obama is increasing the income tax back to 24% (it was 25% during Reagan's administration) by prematurely expiring the Bush tax cuts which neglected the Payroll tax and focused on the income tax, which is a progressive tax (the more you make, the higher the percentage).

The reason 250,000 is significant is because that is the number where you lose more from the Bush tax cuts expiring than you gain by the Obama tax cuts starting, assuming the cuts get passed at his initial percentage proposal.

Further, the Bush tax cuts are set to expire in 2010, save an act of Congress. If McCain were elected president, and wanted to extend the Bush tax cuts, he would need the approval of a congress with a Democratic majority. That's not likely to happen. So, it turns out, after 2010, regardless of your income you pay less in taxes under an Obama presidency than a McCain presidency.

• Yes I do make under $250,000 a year.

I'll also be eligible for Obama's "economic downturn" tax which is what historically occurs when you raise taxes in a recession. Job growth slows and unemployment rises.

Also, if the rich elect to seek new tax shelters to avoid the over $250K tax, it means they stop buying expensive luxury items meaning those industries will take a hit. Among those would be travel and tourism.

And since only about 2% of America falls into that group anyway, I find it hard to believe Obama will get all the money he needs for his many proposed budget expansions simply by soaking them some more.

Source(s): Voted write-in for Pres. by absentee ballot
  • Anais

My husband and I make right below it.We live in California and I don't consider that rich at all! Especially since you have to pay for your children's education. Plus you can't even get a decent house for under $500,000! We are comfortable not rich. We are blessed and lucky. We know though that we should always give to those that are not as fortunate. Giving is great and we should all help each other because ultimately we are all in this together.

Yes

• Batman

Obama's tax cuts are a myth!

yes

and if I did make over a quarter million per year I would be fine with a 3% increase in my taxes.

Uh, you mean less then $200,000. That''s what Biden said.

No wait, 0bama changed it again, the day after Biden lowered it. You mean less than $150,000, according to Messiah 0bama.

Maybe we should wait a few more days to see how low it drops before voting for 0bama.

He's a tax and spend liberal who NEVER gave anyone in Illinois a tax break. You think he is going to change now?

Since approximately only two percent of Americans earn that much I don't suspect you'll find many on Answers.

Source(s): The IRS
  • Frog

Yep. But if McCain just mailed me check for $300 a-la Bush, that would buy my vote though.

oops too late.