Did the Founding Fathers and Ben Franklin have gay people in mind when they said...?

....that we all have the right to "Life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness"? Don't fool yourself - homosexuality is nothing new and certainly was around then too. Sounds to me that's a part of what they meant - the Federal Government should butt out of people's lives, and religion should never be used again to... show more ....that we all have the right to "Life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness"?
Don't fool yourself - homosexuality is nothing new and certainly was around then too.
Sounds to me that's a part of what they meant - the Federal Government should butt out of people's lives, and religion should never be used again to stand in tyranny above your public.
Update: Of course I'm referring to the Anti-gay marriage Constitutional Amendment now being pushed by Palin and "Conservatives" who supposedly love the Constitution - except when they feel like changing it.
Update 2: Josh - I'm pretty sure the word "happiness" existed in 1776, and it meant - "happiness."
Update 3: And let's stick to the subject, Dan, nobody's talking about humping sheep.
Update 4: I mention Franklin because he was an avowed atheists, and not incoincidentally called the "Author of the Constitution."