Dried lump of serum after piercing the ears.. I just want to get rid of this! What should I do?

I got my ears pierced once more time, two months ago. My ear lobe has accumulated dried serum at the point of piercing.

Now, even after two months, irrespective of the applied ointments, it is not getting well. It is not paining, but it (dried lump of serum) looks weird on the ear lobe.

Doctor had also suggested me to wear Gold rings, as gold is comparatively less reactive.. I did that, but it didn't help...

how can I get rid of this lump?

Update:

yes, silver milky base..

7 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

Ouch, that happened to me before.

I got myself a disinfectant and cleaned both sides of my ear with cotton balls each night or whenever it started oozing. Peroxide works too, but it may hurt a bit. Were your ears pierced with sterling silver?

• Login to reply the answers
  • Susan
    Lv 4
    4 years ago

After only 8 weeks, the lump will probably be either scar tissue or a small cyst remaining from the infection. Neither are anything to be worried about. If it is scar tissue then it will probably remain exactly as it is, and if it is a cyst then it will be slowly reabsorbed by your body and go away by itself. If for any reason it does get much bigger then see a doctor, but that is very unlikely.

• 1 decade ago

Try salt water mix 1 tbsp of salt with 1/2 cup warm water and wash your ear with it as many times a day that you can,salt is a natural disinfectant.

• 1 decade ago

have you tried hot cloths on it...could be that its not serum..its your skin like cauliflower ear....it kind of bubbles out...also the only other thing to do is squeeze it...i have to wear silver earrings cant wear gold or any other metal makes my ears weird

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 decade ago

Is your skin reacting to the earring? Maybe try cleaning it and see what happens.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

You need to visit the dermatologist. Dont ignore the problem.

• 1 decade ago

i assume you mean it's infected, or the regular stuff that comes out of ears after we get them pierced.

use peroxide and put a warm wash cloth on it. run the warm water from the shower on it, it should loosen and then you can pick it off

answer mine please! =] http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index;_ylt=AqpZQ...

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.