Anonymous
Anonymous asked in TravelCanadaVancouver · 1 decade ago

Travel from Vancouver Airport to Pacific Central Station...?

What is the most efficent way using an airport shuttle or similar to get from Vancouver Airport (domestic terminal) to Pacific Central Station (Amtrak Terminal)?

9 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

Hi".....the taxi operators, charge up to $35.00 to get downtown .I'd would suggest to you that a taxi "IS" the most efficient but I realize that's not what you are asking for.

The downtown core is about a 20 to 30 minute drive from the Airport which is actually in Richmond B.C. and of course depends on the traffic .

****So...to answer your question specifically...........

The "Airporter" Express Bus ( the airport shuttle ) will get you to and from downtown for $12. These buses are easy to spot, being a dark lime green colour. If you plan on returning to the Airport the same way, buy a round trip ticket for $18. There are cheaper Child, Senior & family rates available. Buy your ticket from the bus operator. There are 3 routes depending on what Hotel you are trying to reach. Buses leave from the Arrivals level of both the International & Domestic Terminals every 30 minutes from 6:20 am to midnight. The last bus leaves downtown at 30 minutes past midnight & you have to phone and arrange for pickup any buses running after 11 PM. Buses do loops around the main Downtown Hotels. These buses are 3 times the cost of the regular city bus, but less hassle. Their phone number is 604-946-8866. They also have a toll free number at 1-800-668-3141.You'd then have a taxi fare of about $6.00 from any Hotel to the Amtrack station.

Depending on how many is in your group you may want to consider a Limo for a flat fee of $75.00 and they'll wait for you and pick you up and that may be cheaper if there is say 4 of you !

Just yahoo or google "Limo,YVR downtown" and you'll get a list of who operates from YVR and contact numbers.

You could also do public transit however with baggage that could prove to be a hassle and it would entail some transfers and definately not the way to go.

Hope that helps ya *S* (Michael C)

• 4 years ago

Pacific Central Station

• Anonymous
    5 years ago

For the best answers, search on this site https://shorturl.im/aybZ6

I think you ought to book another ticket. If you have baggage in the hold of the plane and its a domestic flight I would doubt if you could get out of the airport before 13:30. If its an international flight and you have to go through immigration and collect bags its near impossible. With only hand baggage you will be dragging your child around like a toy doll to get him/her to the train station in time. Book another ticket

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Cheapest but takes time transit to airport station then 98 b line to granville SKY train Then Sky train to Main street station about $ 5.00 bu slower

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 decade ago

If you get them to drop you at the Holiday Inn or the Fairmount on Water St you are a short distance down, from it, just ask the driver to let you off at the hotel nearest there, I worked there in the 1980's and the names have changed but there are several options to use.

• 4 years ago

Really interesting question, looking forward to going through the answers

• Anonymous
    4 years ago

It depends on many factors

• Anonymous
    4 years ago

I also have the same question

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

please visit for cheap and best car rental, hotel and flight package

http://www.go4we.com/online%20ticket%20booking.htm...

or

http://efeiz.com/

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.