What has been the longest time you have been drinking ?

yes i mean "beer"

I mean in day after day or week after week and so forth.

<~~~ Been drinking for almost a month straight now

ever since the Hurricane. I just don't want to feel anymore ~

Best Answer

I was drunk every day from when I was 15 until I was 22. The few days I was not drunk it was because I was on something that made alcohol irrelevant. Now at 51 I have not had a drink with alcohol for about seven years and for about seven years before that I would have an occasional beer or shot but I never got drunk. It has been almost fifteen years since I have been drunk. I found that alcohol just didn't fix my problems, it tended to make them worse. I started not to like the way the alcohol made me feel physically so I gradually just stopped drinking it all together. I have no desire to drink at all any more. About two and a half months ago I stopped smoking cigarettes after smoking every day for 36 years. As time goes on my craving for cigarettes seems to get stronger but less frequent. I have quit cocaine, alcohol, speed, and other drugs and tobacco is the hardest thing I have ever quit, but I quit them cold turkey on a spur of the moment decision. I just woke up one morning and that was it, I gave my cigarettes away and didn't buy any more. If I don't have them I can't smoke them, right?

An entire summer after high school graduation

As for the hurricane, I was there and know some of how you feel, the long hours of the night when curfew meant you had to stay in your house with little or no light and little or no air and all you could do is stay up and trim the candle wicks as others slept and you played solitaire in the dark, no kidding. Beer was plentiful then but ice was rare so drink stout as it goes better warm. here is hoping you feel better soon. I gave up drinking a long while back but I miss it from time to time especially when I am not myself. I am a bit thirsty right now. Good luck.

• ?

I drank pretty much continuously for months when I was in graduate school (but even more on weekends, as I didn't go to school then). I was painfully shy then, and couldn't even approach to talk to a girl without having a drink or two first.

I have gone years in a row unless I was sick or something. Well you can't hide from feeling.. It will all come back and hit you one day so you might as well take a break. Just be careful and don't start using harder things.

Month ain't that bad. Start doing every other day. Feel a day then don't feel.

; )

• Fuji

One month straight. I did it for years with some breaks. But it did not help. Then I realized I was jus hiding away from the real problems and decided to tackle it head on. it did help. Please don't do that it only worsens the health and complicates the life. trust the friends, that what they are for. Discuss out the problems with friends even on net. It will lighten up your mood.

I've never drank in my whole life. I can understand not wanting to feel, but that isn't truly living, is merely surviving. I want to LIVE. Life will only come once, and I want to experience it, no matter how good or bad it is. Numbing emotions will lead nowhere. Feelings are what make us humans, what makes our lives special. I wouldn't want to lose that. Then again, maybe is easy for me to say that...

I am sorry to hear you have been so deeply effected by the hurricane. I rarely drink at all

The longest I have drank was an entire, three day weekend. It wasn't beer it was liquor which I think counts.

For about a year I did Thurs- Sun . It started messing with my job and some of my friendships I knew I needed to Change what I was doing.

It did ease the pain of my bad relationship and my past for a bit but things started getting worse.

Know I am here for you my friend Just to talk. My heart hurts for you.

Please let me know if I can do anything. ((( HUGS))) Love your friend Sugar bug

wow thats a lot of calories, I've prob gone like 5-6 days ....for the same reason when my dad cheated on my mom.

oh yeah i drank vodka, not beer, but i think it counts too.