Do county sheriffs have to follow city ordinaces/laws?

OK, so this morning I was on my way to work, on my motorcycle, and I had an over-zealous sheriff pull me over. First he told me he saw me do somethig illegal on my bike the day before so he had been waiting for me(doesn't this constitute police harassment, him being out of his jurisdiction and all) and then he... show more OK, so this morning I was on my way to work, on my motorcycle, and I had an over-zealous sheriff pull me over. First he told me he saw me do somethig illegal on my bike the day before so he had been waiting for me(doesn't this constitute police harassment, him being out of his jurisdiction and all) and then he threatened me with three more tickets for something he saw me do that morning. Then when I asked him why he was ticketing me, for something that the local police told me I could do, and then he told me that he doesn't have to follow what the city OR city police say, that he can interpret the law however he sees fit...This doesn't sound right to me, can anybody help me out?

He only ended up giving me one ticket, but not only was he an asshole about it, but then he told me that I am an inexperienced rider and I need to learn how to operate a motorcycle and I politely informed him that I have been riding motorcycles on dirt and street for over twenty years, and he told me to shut up and I quote, "Riding street and dirt are two different demons, and knowing how to operate a motorcycle cannot be obtained by riding off road..." Hey asshole, it would be better for everyone on the road if all motorcycle riders were familiar with dirt bikes before they attempt to ride on the street...At least it gives them a basis for operating the machines! He then told me to get on my bike and go before he decided to give me the rest of the tickets...

End Result, my opinions are confirmed once again...ACAB!

It never ceases to amaze me how much of ***** poeple with a little power can be, and how stupid they can make themselves sound when they think they are right, and are trying to prove it to someone.

A little respect goes along way, and until the cops of the world realize this simple life mantra, people will continue to have negative perceptions of those who, "Protect and Serve..." My explanation of this is they protect their own asses and serve themselves, while ******* over as many people as possible...And that comes with 30 years of experience on the other side of the law!

I think it is almost funny that I come from a family full of officers and they still can't get me to respect even a few of them (excluding Sgt. Mike Dunn PPD, who has proven himself to be an amazing human being and an exceptional officer of the law!)...