How do I attach my HDTV to my Toshiba Satellite?

I have a Toshiba Satellite laptop and a Samsung 32 inch 330 series HDTV. I just want to use my laptop to watch DVDs on my tv. Nothing fancy. The problem is that when I plug the monitor cable into the TV, the PC input on the TV reads "Weak or No Signal." I attached the cable to a little cheap monitor I have, and... show more I have a Toshiba Satellite laptop and a Samsung 32 inch 330 series HDTV. I just want to use my laptop to watch DVDs on my tv. Nothing fancy. The problem is that when I plug the monitor cable into the TV, the PC input on the TV reads "Weak or No Signal." I attached the cable to a little cheap monitor I have, and everything worked fine. I set up Vista to recognize the TV as monitor 2. This works fine, except there's a black bar vertically down the left side of the screen. When i watch a movie in full screen, it looks the fame has been moved to the right by the width of the black bar on the left. Make sense? It's as if the picture is not centered. And really, i just want the TV to show what's on the laptop monitor.

Any help?
1 answer 1