Women's Hygiene Through History?

This may sound like a very strange question but here goes lol. I am very interested in women’s hygiene through history (mainly in the Tudor and medieval period). I have tried to research the topic but I have come up with very little information. How did women deal with their periods then as they wouldn’t have had... show more This may sound like a very strange question but here goes lol. I am very interested in women’s hygiene through history (mainly in the Tudor and medieval period). I have tried to research the topic but I have come up with very little information. How did women deal with their periods then as they wouldn’t have had tampons or towels? Was the menstrual cycle understood back then, was it kept extremely private and did men have no knowledge of it? Did women shave their legs/arms etc? What was the common opinion on body hair on women in those eras? What would they use for shampoo? Was there such a thing as moisturiser or ways to put curls in their hair? I have so many more questions but these are the main ones. Thank you to anyone who is able to offer me any insight and sorry again if you find this question strange! Xx
8 answers 8