Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and the Yahoo Answers website is now in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

Will Drudge Report return to semi-responsible political reporting after the Election?

I've been watching Huffington POst now for first time really, only about 2 weeks ago, because Drudge has turned into an Anti-Obama, pro-McCain/Palin smear machine in the past two months...I was wondering if other people had noticed ths change. I consider myself moderate, and feel it is unfortunate I cannot depend on Drudge to give simply 'interesting' political news links without feeling that he's coordinating with Fox News.

Actually, I'm rather conservative on fiscal issues, besides being moderate on social issues...I don't trust Huff. Post. either, but Drudge in the past 2-3 months has been 'different', in not even reporting on stories that are pro-Obama...not just the Ashley Todd story which was irresponsible to print, but to go into a frivolous lawsuit on Obama's birth in Hawaii, that's been discredited for a long time...I shouldn't have to watch 'both sides' to get up-to-date links to interesting news stories...And Drudge has been leaving out a lot of non-political news stories recently.

Favorite Answer

I know....drudgereport used to be a my daily morning news stop. But I never go there anymore and probably won't after the election. This election is ruining a lot of people...I think 2 fox news main anchors have lost their jobs over this election for making outrageous comments and sites like drudge are losing "hits".

How is it a smear campaign when he is post news articles? Yes he seems to have a leaning towards McCain/Palin.... but he runs Anti-McCain/Palin and Pro-Obama/Biden stories as well... and anyway someone has to show the Anti-Obama side too... Someone has to tell people of Bidens "slips" and his apparent censorship... Because CNN and MSNBC sure aren't.... The only other place us conservatives have is talk radio... and most don't listen to talk radio unless they are lucky enough to be able to listen to it streaming audio online...

And if you are a true moderate you would be reading from both and not just one or the other...

Matt Drudge has never been non-partisan, if you remember Bill Clinton was treated the same as Obama or worse! Having a clue about reality helps one cope! Mc Cain is not pacifist and Obama is a pacifist! You stand up for military vets or you are a belligerent anti-war protester(Wm. Ayers is your hero)!

• Rick31

It probably depends on who wins. The anti-Obama machine will rev up if he is elected. Neal Boortz said today that he is much better at criticizing a president than defending him. Sean Hannity was much more fun to listen to when Bill Clinton was in office. Drudge will continue to smear Obama if he wins. If McCain wins he will probably return to more responsible reporting.

That is about as likely as McCain winning the election (3.3%).

Drudge has always been heavily partisan, but nothing like an election to turn it into a real tabloid rag. At least the National Enquirer has entertainment value.

His treatment of the Ashley Todd news - sad case though it is - is really a case in point. The story shouldn't have been reported until the police gave their report, and yet Drudge and Fox leapt on it like Palin on a moose. Slightly pathetic.

That's a hard pill to swallow, I noticed Bill Oreilly taking a center position over the past several months and can't find anyone who agrees.

Drudge basically reports what they get on the wire, in other words it's not drudge actually doing the reporting.

Huffington Post will disappoint you too...there are no totally unbiased news outlets...it's time to pick a side...I am moderate too and I realize this...

• Zoe

Huffpo? Really??

The Q is: Will the MSM, MSNBC and CNN return (or for some bushwack their way thru uncharted territory) back to fair and honest reporting?

• Pedro

Not only does his website look like it was designed by a 10 year old, he's always had a bias, like Fox News and MSNBC(admit it, all of them are biased, Fox News is the worst of them all)

It's his website, so he can run it however he wants?

Sucks to be you.

(But, if you need a glimmer of hope, you can always cross your fingers for the "Fairness Law" if the Democrats win the Congress. Not that I support that, either.)