What does this essay question mean?

I'm applying to pharmacy school and this half page essay question came up:

PERSONAL PERSPECTIVE. how have your personal experiences informed your understanding of the human

condition?

I'm confused, can someone reword this question in layman's terms for me.

Best Answer

They just want to know how your experience in life has taught you how to understand what other people go through on a daily basis.

the reason they ask you this is that you are going to be serving the public as a pharmacist. many people who are waiting in line for their medication can be very upset, mad, they can be disoriented and therefore rude, crabby, even mean and sometimes violent (my sister is a pharmacy tech).

So they want to know if you can sympathize with the people waiting in line. Also they want to see if you are going to be easily tricked into giving someone drugs who doesn't need them or who is addicted.

So they want to know if you can be nice to mean people while at the same time not going overboard and giving out drugs all the time to the wrong people.

Basically it's asking you what you have learned about humans through the experiences you've had. Your experiences will affect your opinion of people.

Let me give you an example; I am a substitute school teacher. Every day I go into high school classrooms and I witness apathy, hostility, lack of discipline, distraction and a whole host of other things. My experience is teaching me - informing me, if you will, that the human condition is in a sorry state. Kids are not getting the parenting they need and parents are not taking responsibility for their children. Children are becoming more ignorant, less willing to work hard, less willing to take responsibility . . . ok. My experience is informing me that the human condition is going down hill.

I would consult my own experiences in cycling to describe the conditioning of the human body. The human body has limits, many of which can be explored into new ways to further the human body in fitness and health. Some can condition themselves to stay underwater for periods of SEVERAL minutes. Others can break cinder blocks with their arms. And some can even increase the actual size of their heart by subjecting it to continuous conditioning and training it to pump more blood through the circulatory system, enlarging it over time.

How has my personal experience informed me to understanding the human mind....well that would depend on teachers that taught me some were very personal and understanding and seriously wanted to help me achieve my goal others were more like i was another brick in the wall and whether i gave an 'a ' to the class or a 'd' to the class they didn't give a hoot...

My personal experience is , I care and am willing to give it my all to anyone that needs my attention . there is not one soul more important than another !!!

From what I can tell, I think it's just asking how your experiences as a human have affected how you look at other humans, and maybe to connect your personal stereotypes to events that have happened in your life. I'm not 100% sure, though.

well, its asking you through your perspective, how you understand the human body. like if you think of it as a machine or a miracle or something. what do you think when you look at the human body, is it an organism or a work of art

Its basically asking what you think of humans. You must use personal experiences of yours to show what you mean.

How has what you've done and experienced in life helped you understand why people are the way they are and do the things that they do. Hope that helps

It means like what has happend to you that has helped you understand the human condition

Source(s): my brain :p

hmmm... its saying how have things that have happened to you help you understand a human mind. like

[FOR EXAMPLE] if you did something your not supposed to do and you knew you weren't supposed to do it...what does that tell you about the human brain?

hope that helps.