promotion image of download ymail app
Promoted
bmcnulty asked in SportsBaseball · 1 decade ago

Can a World Series game be called due to rain after, say, 5 innings, giving the leading team the win?

Watching the Phillies-Rays Game 5 now, and I'm just wondering if it can be called due to rain, giving the Philles the win and the World Championship.

15 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

I was wondering the same thing... if this did happen, it would be a public relations nightmare. Could you imagine this happening in any other sport?

• Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago

For regular season games they can be declared final after 5 innings, or 4 1/2 if the home team is winning. So yes.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

That would be such a crappy ending. Even as a Rays fan, I would want to see the Phillies win it in dramatic fashion rather than by default.

They would never do it in a close game like this.

• 1 decade ago

i belive so, because for regular season games they can be declared final after 5 innings, or 4 1/2 if the home team is winning

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Hoss
    Lv 6
    1 decade ago

As several people asked before you there can be a game called off due to rain. However, they will do whatever it takes to keep the game going.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Well i have to say that if that's the way the world series ended i'd be really disappointed and im not even a baseball fan. That's just dumb

Source(s): personal feelings
  • 1 decade ago

yeah you know this by now...but yes it could have been called in theory. there are no special rain out rules for the world series, even though that would have sucked

• 1 decade ago

if that happened... baseball fans (i believe even Phillies fans) are going to come together and start a riot which includes the slow and painful torture of whoever thought of the idea

and Bud Selig...

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

I think if they call the game and give it to the Phillies, it would cheapen it.

So, I think they would suspend it.

• 1 decade ago

No because there would be 4 Innings left, Rays have come back from defecits in 4 Innings, Champs have come back from defecits in 4 Innings so no way no how, NOBAMA!!

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.