making food, it calls for 3/4 cup of milk i only have a cup measuring cup lol?

I am trying to make something and it calls for 3/4 cup of milk. I looked at all my measuring cups and i don't have a 3/4. i have a one cup. so my question is how do i get 3/4 out of a cup. isn't it more than half but less than the cup..so how much more than half. i hope that made sense...hah.

Favorite Answer

wow. think about it, 3/4 cup means 3 quarters full, so 3 out of 4 parts should be full--basically fill it half, then half of what is left.

If you have a clean soda can, rinsed out, that's 3/4 of a pint (12 oz.), so 1/2 full would be 3/4 of a cup. A tablespoon is 1/2 an ounce, so if you have a measuring spoon, 12 tablespoons would also be 3/4 of a cup.

The type of measuring cup you are referring to is used for dry ingredients. You really need to get/or maybe you have a glass or plastic liquid measuring cup. They come in several measuring sizes. I personally have the 1 cup, 2 cup, 3 cup and 12 cup. You can use the dry size and measure 3/4 up the 1 cup measure, but it might not be exactly accurate.

Source(s): Years in the kitchen
  • Prof L

Well, if you have a 1/4 cup you can use 3 of those, or take your one cup measurement and mentally divide it into 4 equal parts and fill 3 of those parts, making it 3/4 full.

Maybe you should get out of kitchen Lol