Physics Electric Vehicle?

we have to build a vehicle that will go between 5-10m. However, who we can only use batteries but we cannot use electric components. So, how can i build a car that will go the distance and also how would i able to stop the car when traveling the sufficient distance.

2 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

A new concept: electricity-free battery-operated toys! Use the weight of the battery to propel it; i.e., battery is on string that runs over top pulley and winds around bottom pulley connected to drive wheel. Battery starts high, ends low. Make the string just the right length such that when the distance is covered, the battery drags on the ground. Dumb, but it should work.

• Login to reply the answers
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago

I love the first answer - it would work, but it is actually gravity-powered! But your project doesn't make sense the way you put it. Why use batteries but no electric components? Do you mean you can't use resistors, capacitors or inductors, but you can use an electric motor? If you can use a motor, stop it by having your power wire loosely connected, or connected to a switch. Tie a 10m string to the wire or switch such that when it gets tight, it turns the car off.

If you can't use a motor, maybe they want you to build something like a magnetic railgun. Google that. You could do it with a line of permanent magnets and a switching (alternating) electromagnet. Or use something like a solenoid that accelerates a weight out the back - a reaction-powered car.

• Login to reply the answers
Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.