KayKay asked in Social SciencePsychology · 1 decade ago

imaginary guy hurting me...or am i hurting myslef subconsiously?

K so there is this guy that i see. i guess you could call him "imaginary" since my friends dont see him. he influences me to cutt, drink, and OD. im on medication now for depression but it hasnt kicked in yet. In the mornings when i wake up i egt brouses on my legs...the other day it look liek a hand around my ankle. it scared the hell out of me. in french class today i all of a sudden got the red mark on my arm liek a cut but i didn't cut myself at all! not that i knwo of. i called my theripist and she said that most likely subconsiously im doing this to myslef becuase im afraid of him. I don't want to go to bed tonight cuz im so scared. i know i should eblieve what my theripist says its just that liek guy seems SO real to me! no one seems to understand that and it really scraes me. he says he will hurt my friend, i never believed him though cuz my friend said he cant but if he is now hurting me what if he hurst her? what if the subconcious stuff is true and i hurt her? shes my best friend in the whole wide world and i dont know what im suppose to do to stop this. please help me someone?

i'm insane?? but liek i liek stuff my other friends like? i dont wanna be one of those kinds of people who have to live in the hospital and like never see the light of day though. arte you sure im insane????

today at school he came and i told my friends.... they said to ignore him so i did....one of my friends left and when she came back she had a mark on her arm and i KNEW it was form him...i had the same one once. what if he's gonna hurt all the ppl i care about....i can't live liek this!

• BW
    Favorite Answer

Maybe you should consider checking yourself in to a mental hospital. And I'm not being mean. It sounds serious. And I think that since this person hurts you at night, and you're afraid to go to bed, I think that a specialist needs to see you when you sleep. You can't help someone without studying them a little. So do consider it. I'm sure someone can help you.

Kaykay, I really want to make sure that I don't hurt your feelings but the truth has to be told. You need to go see a psychologist and either get medication, or therapist sessions to talk it out (can you do that with the psychologist?), or whatever they can give you. Always go slow and build yourself up. If meds don't work, do therapy. If therapy doesn't work, do pyschologist stuff. If nothing else works...sign yourself into a mental hospital. If you sign YOURSELF in, you can leave whenever you want to. It's the ones that HAVE to be in one that never see the light of day again. As long as you are the one signing yourself in, you're good to go.

I don't know if you're in high school, middle, or what. But if you are, you can make up an excuse that you're going away to a different state for a few days or however long you WANT to stay in the hospital. REMEMBER, you CAN leave at any time.

I hope this helps, kaykay. I really do.

Source(s): A .loving hand

Listen to the advice of your therapist. Do not give this imaginary friend the power to control you. Continue to believe in yourself and your strength. You will NOT hurt your best friend. Continue with your medication, do not miss a dose. Many people go through things in life that seem unbearable at the time, and unforgettable as time goes by. Oprah Winfrey is one such person, yet she is successful and so will you be.

It seems like you are not believing that this guy is not real. How about asking your therapist to keep you in a facility over night to watch your behavior. Maybe even video tape your sleeping just so you can see it for yourself. Maybe if you begin to accept that you are acting out subconsciously you will better off. If you continue to think you could be seeing a real guy you are only going to get worse. It seems like you are also subconsciously hiding the fact you are not responding as well to therapy as you would like people to think.

Be honest with your family, friends and therapist. Don't hide anything from them.

i cant help you here, except to say thanks for sharing this. Umm i dont know how old you are? if your into sataNIC STUFF, what your diagnosis is, if youve ever taken halliucinagens and how long have you been off of them. ??? all of this stuff plays into how someone could help you.

i have a 16 year old and if she came to me and said an invisible guy was hurtint her or even there, i'd be there screaming at her and him and flowing holy water around...hONESTLY, IF YOU CANT GET A GRIP ON THIShe has a lot of power over you and honestly you do need to be locked up. BUT ONLY FOR YOUR SAFETY.

ok heres some help: develop a safety plan, for when he shows up. you can email me at itchikkaala@yahoo.com

peace and love Sister

pSLAMS 104

okay so calling you crazy at a time like this is rude and of course i wouldnt do that to you

your confused and in pain

and maybe this is a devil you carry from your house

maybe you have a skill

a skill where you see ghosts or "dead people"

and i feel for you

it must be hard to be hurt all the time

i have the same skill

i see ghosts

but can you describe how this person looks

but please if your young talk to your mother if not talk to your school couslor

a therapist SHOULD help you

message me back please!

im scared for you!

Source(s): ?

Everything you describe are the effects of Alcohol and alcoholism. How much do you drink ?

Tell your doctor and go for detox. These symptoms will start to remit as soon as alcohol is no longer consumed.

You must enter a treatment program to determine what caused the addiction in the first place.

They will recommend, as would I that you attend AA, for support in the process.

Source(s): Recovering alcoholic, been where you are at now.

I think you may have schizophrenia. I'm studying social sciences majoring in psychology at Uni and the symptoms include hallucinations and problems with memory, which I think explains why you don't remember hurting yourself. There is medication for this however you should really speak to your therapist and ask.

I have bipolar, and I have delt with psychosis, which is what this sounds like. Go to your psychytrist, not MD, they suck at psychological problems. You need meds for more than just depression. I have been hospitilized, and if you need it, you need it. Dont be ashamed, probrably nothing can be done in your control. Best of luck.

Judge: How do you plead Ms. Kay Kay?

Kay Kay: Not guilty by reason of insanity.

Exhibit # 1: Yahoo Post

jk jk....kay kay you are not insane sweetie...I would say, give the medecine time to do its work and talk to a therapist about this.....we all have our deficiencies....dont feel alone.