How can I try out a new job while still working my current one?

I submitted an application to a company and they recently called me back. They want me to come in to do a trial to see if I'll be a good fit for the job, however, I'm still currently employed full time. The new company is willing to work around my schedule, but it's my schedule that's not very accommodating, with a full time job and college part time. Short of taking time off from my current job, I don't know how I'm going to try out the new one. And from what I've heard so far, it's looking to be a better opportunity, so I really want to give it a try. Any ideas how I could work this out tactfully?

Favorite Answer

Hi Cee Lee- Yikes, thats a tough one. No vacation available at the first job? Personal days? It would be ideal if you can get two days in a row off to try it. You COULD just tell your job that something has "come up" and you really need two days off. It is "personal" and you would be willing to make up some hours if they needed you to.

I say try it if you can. Cool idea to let you "try" the new job to see if a fit. Just make sure you fill out paperwork so you get paid. You should get paid whether they take you on or not.

Good Luck to you!

• Elle Z

Take a week off work to challenge yourself at the new job.