What is a good movie camera with a good price?

I have been interested in films all of my life. I study film history and watch films daily. I have written a few short screenplays and and been interested in becoming a director for almost my entire life. Now hear is the hard part. I am 16, almost 17, and still my parents have never gotten me a film camera. ... show more I have been interested in films all of my life. I study film history and watch films daily. I have written a few short screenplays and and been interested in becoming a director for almost my entire life.

Now hear is the hard part. I am 16, almost 17, and still my parents have never gotten me a film camera. I have been to movie shoots, so I know how to make a movie, but I have never actually directed a movie that I can call my own. I was always planning to go to film school, so, after about 10 years of asking, my parents have agreed to finally get me a movie camera. I was hoping to get a nice one, but it needs to be for a descent price. I thought a good 3-CCD camera would be fine, but my parents are not willing to spend that much money to buy me one. So, does anyone know of a good camera that has very good images, that can be found for $1000 or less? If you know good 3-CCD cameras that are more than #1000, list them too. Because considering how devoted I am with film, possibly my parents will have a change of heart and decide to get me one.

Please just list all of the good movie cameras you know of. Thank you very much!!

Jacob