Pdub
Pdub asked in Pregnancy & ParentingPregnancy · 1 decade ago

Ok, this may sound really weird but...baby fever?

Ok, well for some really odd reason I have recently benn obbsessed with babies! I have been on Y!A pregnancy section every day for over 2 weeks and thinking up and writing down baby names too. At first, I thought maybe I was pregnant, but then I started my period a couple of days ago, right on time, regular flow. So mosy likely I am not pregant.

I am not married, but in a committed relationship with a wonderful man, but for some reason starting my period felt like a let down. almost like I was hoping to get pregnant, which seems crazy to me!

Being raised in the church, I have ALWAYS imgained getting married first, then pregnant, but for some reason I wasn't scared at all when I was thinking myself to be pregnant.

I guess my question is... is this crazy? Has anyone else gone through this "baby fever" and had it pass? I'm hoping it is just a stage.

Thanks!

I am 23 years old in a few days, and my boyfriend and I have talked about marriage and what not...but he is applying for law school so it's just not practical right now, and neither is having a baby :(. But I found it interesting when I first brought up the fact that I had been thinking up baby names he seemed to have his own list prepared already in his mind. Made me want a baby even more!! Haha. Its just torturing me because as much as I want one, I know it is not the best time in our lives right now.

Favorite Answer

How old are you? It all sounds very normal to me...I was never sure I wanted kids until about 2 years ago when I turned 26 (almost 3 years ago), but even then the desire came and went until the start of 2008. I got married at 25 and thought that we would wait 5 years before even trying, but I found that about a year into the marriage, I was a little disappointed when I would think I might be pregnant and then found out I was not. My sister had a child a year and a half ago (when she was 29) and as she went through her pregnancy, I found myself getting "baby brain" more and more. Also, the longer I was married and more stable my marriage became (comfort, routine, etc.), the more I started thinking about enjoyable having a baby would be. My point is, as I have gotten older and more "settled" in my life (and these days, you don't necessarily have to be married to feel that way), wanting children seemed to be an inevitable next step and the idea has become more appealing. I am 28 yrs old and 34 weeks with my first and we are thrilled beyond belief. I feel like its taken me a while to get here, and while it might just be the biological clock, I also think its the level of comfort I have with the stability in my life that has made me feel "ready".

Hello! I think that every woman at sometime during her life, particularly during childbearing years, goes through that "I wanna baby" phase. For some it's a phase but for others it's much more. In some cases it can be unhealthy for a woman who wants to have a baby because she's only stressing herself out which can cause fertility problems. Some women are just infatuated with all the attention a pregnancy and a new baby brings, not really thinking about everything that comes with having a baby. I went through it in my early 20's; had my first child at 23 then my second at 26. Then about 3 months ago I found out I was pregnant again-but I had a miscarriage. I don't know if you would call what I'm going through right now "baby fever" (one of my girlfriends called it the emptyness syndrome) but it's like I'm ready to get pregnant again now! So more than likely if you're not ready it'll go away, but if you are ready then it'll most likely hang around until you do get pregnant. One more thing, before we had or first child I started to feel as if it was something missing in our lives...we had a good relationship and big things were happening for all of our friends (getting married, starting families, etc) and I just felt it was time for something "big" to happen for us...That may not be your reason but I wish you much luck!

I was in pretty much the exact same situation when I was 17. But then things didn't work out with the bf and I didn't have my period for 5 months and I gained some weight, so I thought for sure I was, but I was too scared to take the test. Turned out I wasn't, but after the relationship turned sour, I was glad I wasn't pregnant.

I did end up getting pregnant tho at age 23, and the "wonderful guy" I was dating ditched me. We spent the entire pregnancy in different countries. When our son was 3.5 weeks old, he showed up unexpectadly at my house. It took another year and a half for things to start going ok between us again. We finally got engaged and got married this past August, about 2 years after he came back into my life. He is so glad he made the right decision, even if it was a little late. I know he regrets not being there for me and for our son when we needed him (he spent a week in NICU after he was born with breathing problems) Sometimes it still hurts like crazy that he wasn't there.

I wish we had been married first, since our son would have had a lot more stability at the beginning.

I know babies seem like the greatest thing ever, but don't forget that they drain your strength (not to mention your patience sometimes!) and they deserve to come into a stable home.

I would suggest volunteering in the pediatrics department of your local hospital. That's what I did when I was in my early 20's. I just basically played with the kids there. There was one little girl that I will always remember. She was 9 months old and in traction for a broken leg. They had both her legs tied together and tied up. Her bum was slightly off her bed and she learned to twist herself over and over and thought it was the greatest fun... until the nurse had to twist her back - she found that was even greater fun! She was such a darling, but she never had any visitors, so I can only imagine why her leg was broken... I felt so bad for her, but I loved her like crazy! She was such a sweety :)

• yes I went through that and it didn't pass until I had my daughter like you I was raised in the church and I believed I should be married before I had a baby but it didn't work out that way and I am just as happy with my long term partner who is also a wonderful man we are now expecting our second child. Baby fever I think is normal but for some women it doesn't pass until you have a baby. NO your not crazy not at all

Hi hun, hope your ok, Im 23 same as you I got married 2 months ago and I feel the same as you. I dont think there is ever going to be the right time to start a family. I didn't have the thought to get preg until we got married and we started trying. Maybe you will have to wait till your partner is ready and go from there

good luck

• lacali

It's normal. I know how you feel when you felt let down once you got your period. That happened to me a few times before I got pregnant. Then finally when you take the test and it says positive, it's the best feeling ever. Everything changes since that, you start to think different, it's a wonderful experience.

O gosh girlie...i know how you feel... im on Y!A pregnancy section alll the time..and its been abour 4 months or so..and my baby fever hasnt calmed. Im not married either , but in a committed relationship..but im also pretty young..i'm 19.

• this is not cray at all.because like myself...am in a committed relationship....and being on the same section as yourself...i had given me hope to pregnant...so right now am waiting to take a hpt....baby dust to me

its a known fact that if a women gets it into her head that she wants a baby she will do anything to make ot happen, just go with it!!!!