Greta
Lv 7
Greta asked in PetsOther - Pets · 1 decade ago

Does your pet have a human name or a pet name?

I have two pets with "pet" names (Hobbes & Frosty) and two pets with human names (Trey and Lacey).

How about your pets?

43 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

My dog's name is Gus, but for some reason my family just calls him Tofu

• 4 years ago

I personally prefer descriptive names for a pet as their name tells you so much about their personality..But then again a pet name could still be used as a human name but still be descriptive of the animal...It just all depends.. I have a little chihuahua named Missy and yeah that name to me really suits her. I also have 2 zebra finches named Beauty and Beast i love their names it says everything about their personalitys lol... What do you prefer?

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Well I have a Guinea Pig named Harry and a Yorkshire Terrier named Gizmo.

Past pet names I have had for dogs are, Foxxy, Giuseppe, Vivian, Rocky. Lots of pets throughout the years, I just love dogs!

• 1 decade ago

One with a pet name, and one, human name. The one with the pet name, is not too much of a pet name, as it is used for term of endearment for a person.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago

I have a dog named Angel [I guess that's kind of a human hippie name] a cat named Sylvester [a pet name] and a tortoise named Leslie [a human name]

• 1 decade ago

All my pets but 2 have pet names, weird names at that. I have too many to name but the human names are Joe and Henry

• 1 decade ago

I have three dogs. Two have pet names (Sugar and Prince). My other dog's name is Elvis. I don't know too many humans with that name anymore but it is technically a human name.

• 1 decade ago

Unfortunately, my cocker spaniel has a human name: Sandy. Because of that, I'm afraid she think she's a human. I just don't have a heart to tell her that she's a dog.

Consider this a lesson learned: Always give your pets non-human names so they won't think they're humans.

• 1 decade ago

How is the difference determined? Is there a list? I know a child named Vincina? Is that a pet's name? Oh, I know..I should just shut up and use my common sense! lol

Well, I have Sadie, my hearing dog. She hears for me.♥

Sadie is Sadie cause no one wanted to holler out STELLA!

Source(s): Good question!
  • 1 decade ago

Miniature Dachshund (dog) - Alice - Human name

Sun Conure (parrot) - Tiki- Pet name

Bengal (cat) - Zela - Made up name so Neither?

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Dog: Tipsi

Dog: Sunny (guess that could be a "human" name?)

Turtle: Lonny - a human name for sure!

Turtle: Hannibal - um.... a semi-human name. LOL

Iguana: Guinevere, Gwennie for short.

Fish: Titan.

Snake: Silkie

:)

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.