Anonymous

why dont people understand NEW mexico isnt mexico?

my friend just got back from visiting Indiana and she said when she would tell people shes from new mexico they thought that was part of mexico.

new mexico has been part of the US for almost 100 years so why dont people understand NEW mexico ISNT part of mexico?

Best Answer

I could see how a foreigner could mess this up, but people from Indiana, come on. They should now all 50 states and capitals. They teach that in school. I am from Minnesota, and I know very well that New Mexico is a state and the capital is Santa Fe and the largest city is Albuquerque. They also have the infamous UFO city of Roswell. The only saving grace is that New Mexico borders Mexico.

Source(s): School, myself

Hahaha ! That's the way it is east of the Mississippi River ! I was born and raised in Michigan, lived in AZ 18 years, spent many business trips to New Mexico.

True story- one guy I worked with was born and raised in AZ, had a BS in Engineering from ASU (Arizona State). We had to fly to Chicago on business, he had never been east of the Mississippi River, never been east of Albuquerque. When the plane circled over Lake Michigan to land at O'Hare, he commented this was the first time he's seen the Atlantic Ocean !!! He was serious ! So, it works both ways.

Because kids don't pay attention in school. They are even sleeping, not doing classwork/homework or not coming. But really come on people how don't someone in USA that live here all their life don't know that new mexico is a state. I even remember learning this stuff. Teachers need to stop letting kids pass when they know that child isn't ready to. I knew this one girl whom didn't know how to read. Sadly no one knew until she was in the 6th grade. See we to enforce education more. We need to stop wasting money on war and use that money to help education our kids. It is sad when kids graduate from high school not knowing basic common knowledge stuff.

• because it 1st of all says mexico in its name and second of all they don't listen to the NEW part. Same happens 2 me. I'm from new mexico and if i tell people they say, you don't look like ur from mexico!

The united states does do poorly on geography..you here people asking "Whats the difference between asian and china??" and thinking Africa is a country..I guess those people didn't pay enough attention in school or the school sucked hmm o.o

i think of they are looking tword taking over the US with the help of having as many toddlers as attainable, with the help of behaving like wild animals and taking what they choose. those of them that are conscious of Europe choose whites to bypass lower back to Europe on an identical time as maximum of whites ought to on no account qualify to circulate lower back to Europe because of the fact they have not got a kinfolk residing in Europe. the government does not strategies them being right here, in the different case they might have executed something bearing directly to the infestation a protracted time in the past. (the border has been open before and after 911, however the airports bigger secutity) Maybee it incredibly is our governments desire that that's all happening.

• Pem

Because the American government spends too much money on defence and not enough on EDUCATION.

It's frustrating and shocking isn't it.

BTW, I'm Australian and I knew New Mexico was part of the US!

because some people are idiots. sorry to be harsh but its true . another reason is because when people hear the word "Mexico" they automaticly think of the country not state. or they could have hearing problems XP

Because it has the word Mexico on it's name?

or maybe cause it was part of Mexico? or cause it's population is mostly hispanic?

because it says mexico in the name.

and the guy that says poor education. thats also a huge factor.

Source(s): common sense.