Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Politics & GovernmentCivic Participation · 1 decade ago

Keep the Electoral College? Yes? No?

Do you think we should keep the electoral college or get rid of it? Just answer yes or no. It's a simple question. You get 3 points just for answering. I need to do it for my homework. THANKS!

13 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Best Answer

Yes.

It is still a very valuable, if not often misunderstood, institution and part of the process.

• 1 decade ago

No, one person, one vote.

To the people that say it should remain because a small geographic regoin would dominate the country - that's simply not true. Each and every person's vote would matter exactly equally, as opposed to right now, where someone in Wyoming has a much bigger vote than I do. I fail to see how each person getting an exactly equal say is bad. If that means that urban areas dominate the political process - well, if that's where most of the people are, so be it.

Furthermore, right NOW our national elections are dominate by small regions - Florida and Ohio choose the President and get all the attention every time, the rest of the country gets divided up and written off by each side.

• 1 decade ago

No, we gotta get rid of it. Not only does it disenfranchise people, but it keeps people from voting if they live in a state that usually swings the other way!

• 1 decade ago

Yes. We are the United States. Not just the Boston-Washington and San Francisco-San Diego population corridors.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Yes.

• Coasty
    Lv 7
    1 decade ago

Yes.

• 1 decade ago

Yes.

It gives small states a voice that they would not otherwise have.

And you get 2 points for answering.

• 1 decade ago

Yes, it prevents a few states from enforcing their interests on the rest of the country.

• JenVT
    Lv 7
    1 decade ago

No, I think it should be based on the popular vote. Then everyone has a voice.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Ask me after November 4th.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.