How would your soul go elsewhere after death?

How would that be possible? Its not like as if it were programmed in a video game.

• SHIVA
    Favorite Answer

When the Praṇa goes, all the energies of the senses also get gathered up together and leave with the Praṇa.

basically chris c said it all. if you can leave your body now, then you know that you and your body are not the same thing. so when death ( of the body ) ocures you know your soul must go some where. unless of course you want to stick around inside of a rotting corpse.

now where it goes is another question.

Why do you not decompose?

Dead people decompose. If "YOU" did not leave the body--then why don't you decompose right now? because when the "YOU" leaves the body then there is nothing there and the body becomes an empty shell--it breaks down and decays.

A Decomposing body is proof positive that "YOU" leave the body.

I believe that you will leave your body and stand before the creator. You should prepare for that. I know I am.

thanks,

What soul?

My consciousness has and always will exist. At least as far as I will ever know. I can never experience non-existence, naturally. This is life, and it is all you will ever know.

Bg 15.8 P The Yoga of the Supreme Person

Here the living entity is described as isvara, the controller of his own body. If he likes, he can change his body to a higher grade, and if he likes he can move to a lower class. Minute independence is there. The change his body undergoes depends upon him. At the time of death, the consciousness he has created will carry him on to the next type of body. If he has made his consciousness like that of a cat or dog, he is sure to change to a cat's or dog's body. And, if he has fixed his consciousness on godly consciousness, he will be transferred to Krsnaloka in the spiritual world and will associate with Krsna. It is a false claim that after the annihilation of this body everything is finished. The individual soul is transmigrating from one body to another, and his present body and present activities are the background of his next body. One gets a different body according to karma, and he has to quit this body in due course. It is stated here that the subtle body, which carries the conception of the next body, develops another body in the next life. This process of transmigrating from one body to another and struggling while in the body is called karsati or struggle for existence.

SB 4.29.64 P Talks Between Narada and King Pracinabarhi

In dreams we sometimes see things that we have never experienced in the present body. Sometimes in dreams we think that we are flying in the sky, although we have no experience of flying. This means that once in a previous life, either as a demigod or astronaut, we flew in the sky. The impression is there in the stockpile of the mind, and it suddenly expresses itself. It is like fermentation taking place in the depths of water, which sometimes manifests itself in bubbles on the water's surface. Sometimes we dream of coming to a place we have never known or experienced in this lifetime, but this is proof that in a past life we experienced this. The impression is kept within the mind and sometimes becomes manifest either in dream or in thought. The conclusion is that the mind is the storehouse of various thoughts and experiences undergone during our past lives. Thus there is a chain of continuation from one life to another, from previous lives to this life, and from this life to future lives. This is also sometimes proved by saying that a man is a born poet, a born scientist or a born devotee. If, like Maharaja Ambarisa, we think of Krsna constantly in this life (sa vai manah krsna-padaravindayoh), we will certainly be transferred to the kingdom of God at the time of death. Even if our attempt to be Krsna conscious is not complete, our Krsna consciousness will continue in the next life. This is confirmed in Bhagavad-gita (6.41):

prapya punya-krtam lokan

usitva sasvatih samah

sucinam srimatam gehe

yoga-bhrasto 'bhijayate

"The unsuccessful yogi, after many, many years of enjoyment on the planets of the pious living entities, is born into a family of righteous people, or into a family of rich aristocracy."

If we rigidly follow the principles of meditation on Krsna, there is no doubt that in our next life we will be transferred to Krsnaloka, Goloka Vrndavana.

SB 4.29.66 Talks Between Narada and King Pracinabarhi

O King, all good fortune unto you! The mind is the cause of the living entity's attaining a certain type of body in accordance with his association with material nature. According to one's mental composition, one can understand what the living entity was in his past life as well as what kind of body he will have in the future. Thus the mind indicates the past and future bodies.

PURPORT

The mind is the index of information about one's past and future lives. If a man is a devotee of the Lord, he cultivated devotional service in his previous life. Similarly, if one's mind is criminal, he was criminal in his last life. In the same way, according to the mind, we can understand what will happen in a future life.

SB 7.15.69 P Instructions for Civilized Human Beings

"By human calculation, a thousand ages taken together is the duration of Brahma's one day. And such also is the duration of his night." Bhagavan Sri Krsna can remember incidents from millions of years ago. Similarly, His pure devotee like Narada Muni can also remember incidents from a past life millions and millions of years ago.

Source(s): Changing Bodies Dr. Singh. People want more proof. Srila Prabhupada. What more is required? The eternality of the soul is a simple fact. I am an eternal soul. My body is changing, but I am not changing. For example, I am now an old man. Sometimes I think, "Oh, I used to jump and play, but now I cannot jump because my body has changed." I want to jump, but I cannot do it. That jumping propensity is eternal, but because of my old body I cannot do it. Dr. Singh. Opponents will say that according to their observation, the nature of consciousness is that it lasts for only one body. Srila Prabhupada. That is foolishness. In Bhagavad-gita (2.13) Krsna explains: dehino 'smin yatha dehe kaumaram yauvanam jara tatha dehantara-praptir dhiras tatra na muhyati "As the embodied soul continually passes, in this body, from boyhood to youth to old age, the soul similarly passes into another body at death. The self-realized soul is not bewildered by such a change." Just as this body is always changing (as I can see in my daily experience), there is a similar change at the time of death. Dr. Singh. But according to the scientists, we cannot actually observe this last change. Srila Prabhupada. Their eyes are so imperfect that they cannot observe many, many things. Their ignorance does not make the Bhagavad-gita unscientific. Why don't the scientists admit the imperfection of their senses? They must first admit the imperfection of their senses. Their seeing power does not determine what is and what is not science. Dogs cannot understand the laws of nature. Does that mean the laws of nature don't exist? Dr. Singh. Well, the scientists admit that argument, but they say the way to become perfect is through objective information and experience. Srila Prabhupada. No. That is not the way to become perfect. No one can become perfect through imperfect thinking, and our thinking must be imperfect because our senses and minds are imperfect. Dr. Singh. Srila Prabhupada, another question can be raised. is it not possible that the soul may accept three, four or five bodies and then die? Srila Prabhupada. You are accepting millions of bodies. I say that your body of yesterday is not your body of today. So, if you live for one hundred years, how many times have you changed bodies? Just calculate. Dr. Singh. Thirteen. Srila Prabhupada. Why thirteen? Dr. Singh. Medical science says that all the bodily cells are replaced every seven years. Srila Prabhupada. No, not every seven years--every second. Every second, the blood corpuscles are changing. Is it not so? Dr. Singh. Yes. Srila Prabhupada. And as soon as the blood corpuscles change, you change your body. Dr. Singh. In scientific terminology, can the eternality of the soul be compared to conservation of energy? Srila Prabhupada. There is no question of the conservation of energy, because energy is always existing. Dr. Singh. But according to scientific terminology, the law of conservation of energy is that energy cannot be created or destroyed, which means, I think, that it is eternal. Srila Prabhupada. Oh, yes, that we admit. Krsna is eternal; therefore all His energies are eternal. Dr. Singh. Is that why the living entity is also eternal? Srila Prabhupada. Yes. If the sun is eternal, its energies--heat and light--are also eternal. Dr. Singh. Does it follow from this, then, that life cannot be created or destroyed? Srila Prabhupada. Yes. Life is eternal. It is not created or destroyed. It is only temporarily covered. I am eternal, but last night I was covered by sleep, so I think in terms of yesterday and today. This is the condition of the material world. Author: His Divine Grace A. C. Bhaktivedanta Swami Prabhupada Srimad-Bhagavatam Bhagavad-gita As It Is Life Comes from Life The Science of Self Realization Nectar of Instruction Krsna, The Supreme Personality of Godhead(Krsna Book) Srila Prabhupada letters, Lectures, Conversations Caitanya Caritamrta "We request you to chant HARE KRISHNA HARE KRISHNA, KRISHNA KRISHNA HARE HARE, HARE RAMA HARE RAMA, RAMA RAMA HARE HARE, and your life will be sublime." Further readings please try this site: http://krishnastore.com/compact-30-volume-srimad-b...

Learn about Astral Projection. I'm sure if you do research you'll see how.

Source(s): When you dream where does your consciousness go? Its obviously not still in this World

It's your spirit, and you have to have faith, and believe. This is not a IEEE standard. Don't think so analytical.

Souls probably don't exist.

There, problem solved.