Why do people choose such unique names for their children?

As I read around this board, and even the answers to my own questions about naming my twins, it seems no one chooses 'normal' names. I've seen someone who liked the name Verizon for their child, another who liked 'Seven' for their child. A lot of people seem to make up names too. Why? I have an 11 year old... show more As I read around this board, and even the answers to my own questions about naming my twins, it seems no one chooses 'normal' names. I've seen someone who liked the name Verizon for their child, another who liked 'Seven' for their child. A lot of people seem to make up names too. Why?

I have an 11 year old named Emily Elizabeth, and am I expecting twin daughters, and we are planning on naming them Adeline Violet Christina and Audrey Lynn Hazel. We felt that they were unique, but decent and classic names.

Can anyone shed some light on this for me?