J.Love asked in TravelUnited StatesDetroit · 1 decade ago

Which Atlanta Or Detroit?

Ok So Me And My Family R Moving To Atlanta And I Was Wondering Which Place Is Better Atlanta Or Detroit And Why Please Give Intresting Info...

Favorite Answer

Detroit is horrible, such a sad state of affairs financially, politically, WORST roads in NORTH AMERICA (motor city-worst roads) seems oxymoronic, worst crime, drugs, gangs, murders, terrible traffic, never-ending road construction... urban blight...high unemployment, declining business infrastructure and population..bad schools, neighborhoods filled with trash and burned out houses/buildings that stay that way for years...city leaders have done basically nothing to clean the city up for many years. Detroit has said it wants to be a world class city...that will never happen in my lifetime.

How do i know all this? i've lived 20 miles outside of Detroit for 16 years and see it whenever i get near it or see it on the news every night...

I don't know much about Atlanta but anywhere HAS to be better than Detroit...

Most people would probably consider Atlanta better. However, it can be just as dangerous and as hopeless as Detroit. Traffic in Atlanta is far, far worse than in the Motor City. Also, job opportunities are dwindling, and our unemployment level is rising. Crime is also rising, as people who were living on the edge in a level economy, now are becoming desperate to survive in a bad economy.

Source(s): I grew up in Detroit and still have family there, but I've lived in Atlanta for 6+ years

Atlanta seems to have more opportunity than Detroit for most jobs, but it depends on the person and there tastes. If you are in medical field or certain industries you are good everywhere. I've always lived in detroit area, and I like it.

Detroit each and each of ways, Mojo in the morning rocks. besides as WRIF with Drew & Mike, Detroit has the ideal coney canines and Carmen Harlan and the pink Wings and the Fox Theater. to no longer overlook Comerica Park and "MOTOWN". It gave the international new child Rock and Madonna and Smokey and the 4 Tops and Marvin. And stable old Henry Ford.......

WELL I LIVE IN ROSEVILLE IN I HAVE 2 SALONS IN DETROIT I LOVE MY HOMETOWN ,BUT I DECIDED TO MOVE TO ATLANTA AS WELL . I FEEL ANY PLACE IS BETTER THEN HERE,AND I'M DOING WHAT MOST CONSIDER AS VERY WELL WITH MY BUSINESSES AND SUCH

IM OUTTA HERE IN JUNE

GOOD LUCK

• Neil

If you're moving to Atlanta, what does it matter which place we think is better?

And "better" is highly subjective and may depend at least in part on whether you are black or white, young or old, liberal or conservative, married or single, with kids or without, like or hate snow, like or hate to drive, and on and on.

Atlanta is a city...Detroit is (s)hitty.

Detroit is dangerous 12 months/yr and cold Sept-May.

When the sun goes down everyone heads for the hills (suburbs). I love Detroit but I wouldn't live there anymore.

Source(s): I live in Detroit for 35 years

Detroit fo sho

Alanta is just ignorant and dirty

i live in Detroit and i luv it !

you will have more fun in Detroit

Source(s): mmmmeeeee

Yeah Detroit is better. So tell you're momma to move you here. Make sure you walk around with lots of money hanging out of your pockets and very expensive jewelry hanging from your neck... you will be a big hit in the D.