What would you do-i planned a vacation w/my family (mom, sis & bro in law) that i didnt realize conflicts with?

the charity event that i volunteered for! Do I cancel my vacation to maintain my commitment or do i go ahead and go on my 5 day 4 night vacation which has been rescheduled due to health and family deaths about 5-6 times. I want to do both but the cost to get a flight back for the charity event and return to the... show more the charity event that i volunteered for! Do I cancel my vacation to maintain my commitment or do i go ahead and go on my 5 day 4 night vacation which has been rescheduled due to health and family deaths about 5-6 times. I want to do both but the cost to get a flight back for the charity event and return to the vacation were more than i can afford.

Help!
Update: i probably should have mentioned that i volunteered w/this charity for this event the past 6 years and have progressively increased my responsibilies. I know all of the regular donors and they know me. I even have a friendship w/the president of the charity