What is causing the rashes that children are getting from a clothing manufacturer and where?

is the manufacturing plant most likely located? The government is warning parents about Carter's Inc. baby garments with tag-less labels (as in: no idea where they originated from) after about 400 babies who wore the clothing developed rashes on their backs. This reminded me of a furniture recall in France recently when it was discovered that the material that the imported chairs were covered with contained some sort of rash causing chemical.

Favorite Answer

The rash is most probably caused by formaldehyde, used to keep clothing pressed and new.

They advise washing all new children's clothing twice before allowing them to wear it.

I believe it comes from clothing made in China, usually sold at Kmart type retailers.