LG
LG asked in Politics & GovernmentElections · 1 decade ago

Palin's pipeline of corruption?

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20081026/ap_on_el_pr/pa...

Associated Press/Yahoo is reporting that corruption was involved in a pipeline bid that Palin oversaw.

Is she really change or more of the same corruption?

Favorite Answer

I don't know whether she is change or not, but I know I don't want a pit bull running this country. Her behavior during this campaign is mortifying.

It's hardly corruption. Remember she can only set the bidding up and call around to see what they can offer. It's the legislative branch that makes the rules an pays for that. The idea that she could have gotten more bids is fairly false. Governments all over the U.S. have found few bidders for all sorts of projects. At one point California thought their bidding was far too low to attract companies to do projects.The companies don't like the rules so they don't bid. California might be getting more bids now with the collapse and idle workers, but during the housing boom they started similar meetings that Palin made to get more bidders. Maybe the AP reporters should have asked the LA Times about California bidding for projects. If California found two bidder they were lucky. Some projects had just one bidder at best.

What the AP reporters should be really looking at is Citizen Services Inc., a front for ACORN where Obama gave over $500,000 of that $800,000 for a service (lighting and sound) that neither CSI or ACORN offer. Also, how can an organization whose only existence is buried in ACORN and government paperwork also get $1 million more from another source? How many front organizations does ACORN have and is ACORN using these fronts as a slush fund for the Democratic Party so that ACORN can claim they are non partison to get government money when they real aren't? This is what AP should really be investigating. After all federal funds are probably being used to illegally back the Democratic Party and Obama and the rest of the Democrats know it because they are in on the scam.

I am no fan of Palin's but I am also no fan of that article. It makes much of links between principles that are no more than circumstantial or inevitable. So these people in the Alaskan oil industry and the Alaskan govt knew each other? Try to keep in mind how small the population is. I'm not complacent about their proximity, but not overly suspicious either.

• Sandy

It just the ssdd with the McCain/Palin ticket because he didn't VET her. It's funny what happens when someone makes a snap decision without all the knowledge they need on an issue.

I am not sure why anyone would compare two people that are running for two different positions. It may be because it is harder to compare the lack of executive experience with John McCain who was the governor of, uh, can't remembered the state, but he was the mayor of New York, no wait, that was Giuliani. Well now I am just confused.

More corruption! Sad isn't it? And she blames McCain for screwing his campaign up when she is the one at fault too. Actually she's right! It is his fault for choosing her as a VP

Please watch this inspiring video. It isn't smear, lies, or bashing- If you like it, then pass it to your friends and family:

http://nl.youtube.com/watch?v=3iojPaw8yX0

She is an excellent reformer at least senile Mccain thinks so because he is no stranger to corruption himself and thats just politics in his eyes. They are hanging themselves each and everyday.

She thinks she's in charge. However, she also thinks the Vice President will control the senate..... hmmmm, she needs to re-read the Constitution. Very sad......

I saw that article. I'm wondering what the "spin" will be from the McCain camp on that one ?

palin makes me want to barf.

click everything:

http://www.palinaspresident.us/