Does anyone else think the soap Days of Our Lives sucks? ?

Favorite Answer

Yes. Days of our Lives, I don't know about now because I left to see any change with its new head writer, but their storylines used to run so SLOW and they lacked creativity even if there was, it was so tacky such as the infamous exorcism of Marlena Evans storyline. In due time, Days of our Lives will eventually be canceled. Relax, it's an NBC thing and it's gotten a long time coming. Just ask Passions, Generations, Another World, Santa Barbara, Sunset Beach, Search for Tomorrow, The Doctors etc. There's really very little diversity in Days of our Lives and no other family to balance the growing numbers of Brady family members.

All My Children is my favorite soap opera!

O.k. a lot of people don't like soaps. My suggestion is don't watch them. I teach middle school and after a long day of what 6th graders think is drama...Days of our lives is funny. Plus it is exactly one hour of none thinking time that I can watch and walk/run on the treadmill. I think a lot of people look for too much meaning in soaps. Take it for what it is and enjoy it OR change the station and move on with your life.

NO

I think it is the best soap opera along with B&B and Y&R!

it's cool, the characters are cool and the storylines are very interesting

at least they don't repeat the same storyline like other soaps do!

You think it sucked 5 years ago? It sucks so bad now that it's almost insulting to watch this SOAP!

After watching this show for 20 years, I finally gave up last week after witnessing endless episodes full of staunch stupidity, embarrassingly immature plot lines, abjectly dumb legal scenes so out of touch with reality that it is not even funny and the endless saga of a spoiled brat Brady whose brain has been permanently secured in his crotch and a Stefano who's been killed several times over and yet keeps popping up into the picture again and again!

Which brain-dead moron is writing their plots? Send him to Iran and hire someone with brains for the job...but without me, I'm done watching this garbage!

My opinion, all soaps suck. They have little socially redemptive value. When I watch any one of them I end up depressed, so I avoid them. I have better things to do then watch Days of Our Lives. My poor grandmother thought they were live people and was always talking like they were next door neighbors. I am not a fan of soaps..

Days is shocking. It's 2015 and Abe is the only Black character in Salem? Can they think of nothing better than to bring old characters back and make ridiculous reconciliations? Why would Kayla take Patch back? He's been gone for so long. Has she no respect. Here's what you should do...

Kayla marries Abe.

Billie comes back and falls in love with Roman. Kate makes a move for Roman.

Billie slaps her mother, Kate for making a fool of herself over Stefano, the man who stole her baby.

Celeste returns to make trouble for Stephano, who she blames for Lexie's death.

Abigail's baby is really Chad's and Chad and Abbie get together. Abigail starts to think she loves Ben but Ben moves on with Paige. JJ is distraught.

Kyle is actually alive and Stephano's pawn.

Xander gets out of jail thanks to Stephano who thinks he can use him which makes Victor very mad.

Also, stop firing gorgeous guys and holding on to incredibly boring guys who's characters are stiff, boring and overbearing. Like Brady, Raif, Eric, Daniel...what ever happened to rakish rogues who were fun to watch, like Tony? Couldn't we do something with Xander. Chad is the most interesting man on the show..

I hate the way the story line is going. Get rid of Ben he is an ugly human being. Get rid if Theresa she is another ugly one. You have ruined this soap opera.

Yes I agree, DOOL sucks big time, leaving viewers feeling frustrated and depressed.

ummm definatly not