Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and beginning April 20th, 2021 (Eastern Time) the Yahoo Answers website will be in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

Anonymous

How are Asians treated in Germany?

How are Asians treated in Germany?

I'm ethnically Chinese, and I will be visiting Germany for around 2 weeks. I'm going to Hamburg, Bremen, and Berlin.

I'm just wondering how are Asians treated their? Do Germans look down on Asians? What are their attitudes towards Asians? If you know, please answer. Thanks

7 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

i am german but i live in canada now. when i was visiting the rest of my family in germany i noticed that there were not many asians there, but the few that i did see looked like they were happy and treated well

• 5 years ago

Well, like all European countries. Germany has SOME white supremacists. I lived there for half a year, and I didn't experience any differing attitudes. However, you should note that this mostly applies to the area around where West Germany used to be. In some districts in the East, there certainly is a culture where different minorities are looked down upon. However, since you're going to Hamburg and Bremen, which are nice port cities in the West you'll have no problems. There are some slightly more dangerous small pockets of areas in Berlin for minorities. Areas in East Berlin like Pankow however, are very safe.

• 1 decade ago

I was not in Germany but in Austria (they speak German and eat German food) for total about 4 months and they were OK. It's a different culture, not like in the US they don't smile to strangers, giving appearence of unfriendliness but once you get to know them they are nice people.

According to Chinese restaurant owner in Villach, after the EU freetrade agreement and many Italians came to the city and had lots of squabbles with local people and they are not so friendly to strangers anymore.

That was just his opinion and I could't verify it but he'd been there many decades and respected in the community so there is some truth to it IMO.

People in the company I worked for were all very nice to me. I'm Japanese and worked for Austrian company in US branch.

• 1 decade ago

How many asians are in Germany? Now asians don't play they know how to travel!

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Asians are pig-disgusting to Germans.

• 1 decade ago

they make slave out of them !!! and watch out they are horny and have whips!! xD...sorry too much coffee for me....xD

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

they are treated ok/

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.