Vaginal birth after 2 Csec. POSSIBLE?!?!?


I had my first son july 2006 and my second may 2007 they are 10 months apart both c section.i am now pregnant again due june 2009 and i wanted to try vaginal..or at least not schedule a c section..i wanted to go into the hosp.when the timing is right...please help me!!

12 Answers

  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

    Yes it's possible and there have actually been new studies that have come out that have proved that a vaginal birth after multiple c-sections is safer than a repeat c-section. Here is an article highlighting that research.

    Here is another article about why labor is good for babies:

    Here is a support group for women with c-sections (1 or more) and there are also many women who have had vaginal births (after 1, 2, 3 c-sections).

    I have many more resources and stories and articles if you'd like to email me for more. Good luck.

  • 1 decade ago

    It is totally possible. I know a great many women who have had successful VBACs (Vaginal Birth After Csec). I am from Canada, where the malpractice rate is not nearly as high, and people have VBACs all the time. I had a Csec with my son, and my OBGYN said I should have absolutely no problem with my next birth having a VBAC.

    The first thing you need to do is find a doctor who supports your decision to try a VBAC. This may be difficult, because many doctors are afraid of malpractice. Still, remember you are the consumer and you can interview as many doctors as you need to until you find what you want.

    Another option you might research is midwives. Depending on the state you are in, midwives can do many different types of birth - home, birth center, hospital. Most midwives will support you in your decision to have a VBAC and help you do that.

    In any case, I would definitely hire a doula. Doulas are birth assistants that attend your birth as your support. They are trained to assist you throughout the birth process. They can be there to advocate for your wishes when you are 'busy' birthing.

    Good luck in your search. You can do it!

  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago

    I believe the woman with 17 children had her last child vaginally after 2 c sections..she had to search for a doc that would at least let her try. I wonder how she will deliver her 18th child, due in January.

  • 1 decade ago

    it is possible... it is called a vbac [vaginal birth after cesearean]

    however, you have to find a dr that is willing to deliver you vaginally considering the health riskes posed....

    after a csection you have a scar on your uterus and it is possible during labor for the uterus to rupture at the scarred area [although it is rare].... this isn't a definite scenario but it is one you should consider...

    however, first you must find a dr willing to allow you to do a VBAC

    this is an good info site,1510,4848,00.html

  • How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago

    Yes, it's very possible (if there isn't some preexisting condition which prevents you from delivering vaginally.) It's known as a VBAC (vaginal birth after cesarean.)

  • 1 decade ago

    Yes.U can give birth to ur child vaginally if the doctor at the time permits and gives the ok.Good Luck.CONGRATS

  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago

    To my knowledge, it is law that once a c-section, always a c-section. If you truly want a VBAC (vaginal birth after c-section), you should try to find a certified midwife in your area and give her your medical records so that she can determine if your body can do it. You likely will not be able to do that in a hospital, either, though there are exceptions.

  • 1 decade ago

    I agree with E.E. it is entirely possible unless there are preexisting conditions.Like in my case I can only give birth by c-section because my body won't dilate.Talk to your OB about it.

  • 1 decade ago

    I know a girl who had her 2nd at home ofter a c-section.

    It was fine but im not too sure about after 2 c's.

    Talk to your doctor and maybe a midwife.

    Good luck!!!

  • 1 decade ago

    Yes, having a VBAC is possible! Speak to your doctor or OB about it.

    Source(s): Great site for us pregnant women, those TTC, and those who are just curious!
Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.