Anonymous
Anonymous asked in PetsDogs · 1 decade ago

Puppy names...we need to name the puppy.?

we are about to adopt a new puppy. Its black white white speckles on his nose and paws and on white spot on his back he has greenish brown eyes and long ear (not past his head though) he wont get very big not bigger than a beagle...he is very small cant be older than 2 months sooooo cute. Now. my parents want to name his sox or socks however they want to spell it but i think thats too common and i just dont like the name. They said if i can come up with a better one they will concider it. so i need your help give me you best names everything and anything you can thing of except socks.

thnx

the more you put the better

• Best Answer

Keith

Sounds irresistable. I just love puppies, I'm sure you will be happy with it.If you don't like sox, what do you like. Everyone has their own idea about names, and there are so many out there. I see a cute name and think how cute, why didn't I think of that. There are lists of baby book names that might give ideas, or ask your friends, favorite movie star, book character? I once named our cat simon big paws, only to find he was a cat in the next book that I read. Keep it short though so it easy to call you new pet. (PS. everyone calls simon big paws-slimey)

It can be rather difficult to choose a name for a puppy without actually seeing it, but if he is black and white... well... I really like the name Moo Moo.

DOGS ALSO RESPOND BETTER TO NAMES THAT HAVE A DOUBLE SYLLABLE.

Other names I personally like for male dogs are: (some of these are probably better suited for a larger dog)

Duffy

Nugget

Kaiser

Butters

Benny

Cooper

Cody

Noah

Samson

Vegas

Tucker

Bijou

Cruiser

Montgomery (Monty)

Donavan (Donny)

Oliver (Ollie)

Matteus (Matty)

But based on the description you just gave I think "Moo Moo" would suit just fine =) Let me know if you like it and good luck with your new pup!

There is a big list of dog names on this site. Go to the information page for the link.

Our neighbor has a mix dog of some sorts - white with black spots - named Polar.

Or what about one if the following names:

Bently

Covington

Loki (name of my friend's beagle/lab mix)

Max

Sam

Toby

Boston

Sebastian

Snatch

Noah

Don't give it a human name, that's retarded.

My chihuahua's name is Chicharron (cheech-are-own, roll the '-are-'). And it's original and nobody else would've thought of it.

My other sharpe's name is Lucky, but we didn't get to name it.

Try naming it, Oreo (hence the black and white).

Or Newsy (newspapers are black and white).

Tried my best!

Slade

Slate

Kodiak

Smalls

Not Max! Its the most common dog name in the UK (sorry to my Max but I didn't name you hun!).

How about:

Chester

Tige

Pop

Alfie

Crunch

Merlin

Harvey

Chum

Bud

Buddy

Albert

Bertie

Chance

Spex

Snoopy

as you can see i am a dog lover. it sounds really cute so you could give it a cute name!

Winston

Sport

Luna

Patches

or Duke. Those are all i know. :/

How about Sprinkle,

Is it a boy or girl.

Also my daughter says how about Dasher.