Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Politics & GovernmentGovernment · 1 decade ago

I live in college town and so am not a "real American" as defined by Mrs. Palin. Must I be afraid?

In my former home of Romania, if a village got reputation of not being "real communist", the government would send in agents to arrest the village leaders and a few ordinary people. They never returned and he village became passive. College towns in USA have reputation of being liberal due to many free thinking inhabitants.

Will Vice Leader Sarah Palin do the same in USA? Should I move to Indianapolis to be safe from her agents?

Favorite Answer

These are interesting questions.

The problem I see here is Romania was a Communist country. Along with the communist regime came the oppression that follows. That is why communism will always fail. The United States is not communist, and never will be. The United States has a Bill of Rights, and a Constitution that provides equality and freedom.

"College towns in USA have reputation of being liberal due to many free thinking inhabitants." That is true. Often associated to the term "liberal", is the Democratic party. There is nothing wrong with "Liberal" or the Democratic Party. Some of our great Presidents were Democratic, such as John F. Kennedy. I think you would have to define "Liberal" to be become clear on what you are asking.

Palin, apologized for the comment she made:

http://politicalticker.blogs.cnn.com/2008/10/21/pa...

However, when making such a comment there should be a clear distinction of her definition.

I think what Palin was referring to is "Ultra-liberalism" which is a phrase used to describe political thought on the left of the United States Democratic Party. Also referred as "Left wing" or "extreme left", these are positions which seek to reform or abolish the existing social order in favor of a more equal outcome (sound familiar?) The term 'left' has been used to identify a wide range of political movements. Today, the term is overwhelmingly used in regards to parties and movements of socialist and/or communist orientation.

This is who Palin was talking about. The "socialists/communists" Not, free thinking people, liberals, or democrats. However, some might argue the Democratic Party has been infiltrated by the extreme leftists, and essentially are trying to associate their extreme views as those of the Democratic Party.

Communism exists today in the form of socialism. The 45 communist goals. Read the Congressional Record in 1963. It clearly shows its relationship to socialism, and reveals its continuing goal to take over America. (Google "45 communist goals")

http://upssa.com/1963-congress.htm note item #15, #17

What did Reagan have to say about this?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iShCXx_xZDQ

Youtube thumbnail

You have real knowledge of what communism is, you have seen it, heard it, and lived with it. There are many people in the United States that believe in communism and support communism. You need to make your self aware of those who wish to hijack the educational system and other "systems" to further a communist agenda. They are out there, they teach in our colleges, and teach our children.

( plan by a California lawmaker would allow schools to be used to promote the overthrow of the U.S. government) http://www.firesociety.com/forum/thread/22913/Cali...

"When the leftists of the ‘60s took over higher education and the media, they really knew what they were doing. This was brilliant, masterful, a tactical slam-dunk" http://www.americanthinker.com/2008/10/why_obamas_...

In summary, there is no reason to fear Sarah Palin.

"When the people fear their government, there is tyranny; when the government fears the people, there is liberty."

Thomas Jefferson

• john k

Romania would be safe as Indianapolis has IUPUI

and Yes most Universities are ran by extreme liberals:

Believe that was also the statement Reich (Clinton's Labor Sec) made which got him pretty much blacklisted from any speaking engagements at our fine free thinking establishments.

• Ingrid

I am and always have been a Big City Girl and have learned a great deal and am proud of it and when I need some tranquility, I drive into the country and enjoy that part of it.

Palin only knows part of our Country and that is the problem. Her Horizon is so narrow and inadequate to represent ANY of us. Poor Alaskans. They are such nice honest people. they deserve much better. For as much pain she has given the rest of us, it may have helped you to see what she is all about.

As of right now Sarah Palin isn't anything except to the state of Alaska. I think she has more or less apologized for that statement and explained it. If she should become vice president her duties are quite limited and I doubt is she would cause any such problems.

No, you're a commie.

Just kidding, actually, I had a girl from Romania who was here for the summer on a exchange program, working for me. She was pretty cool, great worker. She showed some pictures, some beautiful country there, oops, I'm sorry, with dumb@sses like you, I can't say it's beautiful country because you may accuse me of calling the rest of the world ugly.

No. Ultra conservatives like Palin are on their way out. There's a new wave of much more realistic, worldly, and politically open minded leaders that are taking control over government affairs - most importantly domestic issues. Don't worry. She'll be gone soon.

• Coasty

Since you think so why don't you relocate to one of those passive villages.

Wow, she was right.

• J<3R

Maybe...I know I am