How can I prevent this Sore Throat/Cold to get worse?

Ok here is the story, last night I started to get a sore throat and it went a little worse today but I feel like i'm getting some of it out, but not completely sure. But everytime I have this, I am fine, but then when I sleep that night, the next day I feel 10 times worse and I feel this way for a few days then it... show more Ok here is the story, last night I started to get a sore throat and it went a little worse today but I feel like i'm getting some of it out, but not completely sure. But everytime I have this, I am fine, but then when I sleep that night, the next day I feel 10 times worse and I feel this way for a few days then it goes away, and with a bunch of school stuff I don't want that to happen, I want to try to be better sooner than that, if it is possible, what can I do to prevent it from getting worse the next day?

Right now I just have a sore throat and a light stuffy nose, but usually on the second day, the sore throat and the stuffy nose gets worse.