Have you known anyone who at one time thought Christians were hypocrites later become a Christian themself ?

Favorite Answer

The list is endless....

From agnosticism or atheism

* Steve Beren - Former member of the Socialist Workers Party (United States) who became a Christian conservative politician.

* Anders Borg - Sweden's Minister for Finance.

* Kirk Cameron - Actor, star of Growing Pains (former atheist)

* Bruce Cockburn - Canadian folk/rock guitarist and singer/songwriter. (former agnostic)

* Francis Collins - physician-geneticist, noted for his landmark discoveries of disease genes, and the director of the National Human Genome Research Institute (former atheist)

* Larry Flynt - American publisher and pornographer; briefly converted under the auspice of Ruth Carter Stapleton.

* Joy Gresham - American writer and wife of C.S. Lewis (former atheist)

* Anna Haycraft - Raised in Auguste Comte's atheistic "church of humanity", but became a conservative Catholic in adulthood.

* Ignace Lepp - French psychiatrist whose parents were freethinkers and who joined the Communist party at age fifteen. He broke with the party in 1937 and eventually became a Catholic priest.

* Félix Leseur - Doctor turned priest. His conversion, in part, came by efforts of his wife who was declared a Servant of God by the Catholic Church.

* Khang Khek Leu (also known as Comrade Duch) - Cambodian director of Phnom Penh's infamous Tuol Sleng detention center

* C.S. Lewis - Oxford professor and writer; well known for the The Chronicles of Narnia series, and for his apologetic Mere Christianity.

* Gabriel Marcel - French philosopher and playwright (former agnostic).

* Norma McCorvey - "Jane Roe" in Roe v. Wade

* Alister McGrath - Biochemist and Christian theologian. Founder of 'Scientific theology' and critic of Richard Dawkins in his book Dawkins' God: Genes, Memes, and the Meaning of Life

* Lacey Mosley - Vocalist and lyricist for Alternative metal band Flyleaf.

* William J. Murray - author and son of atheist activist Madalyn Murray O'Hair

* Bernard Nathanson Medical doctor who was a founding member of NARAL, later becoming a Pro-Life proponent.

* Marvin Olasky - Former Marxist turned Christian conservative, he edits the Christian World (magazine).

* Enoch Powell - Conservative Party (UK) member who converted to Anglicanism.

* George R. Price - Geneticist who became an Evangelical Christian and wrote about the New Testament. Later he moderated his evangelistic tendencies and switched from religious writing to working with the homeless.

* Anne Rice - author of Interview with the Vampire

* Dame Cicely Saunders - Templeton Prize and Conrad N. Hilton Humanitarian Prize winning nurse known for palliative care. She converted to Christianity as a young woman.

* Edith Stein - Phenomenologist philosopher who converted to Catholicism and became a Discalced Carmelite nun; declared a saint by John Paul II.

* Peter Steele - Lead singer of Type O Negative.

* Lee Strobel - Author of The Case for Christ (former atheist)

* Evelyn Waugh - British writer (former agnostic).

* Fay Weldon - British novelist and feminist.

* Monty White - British Young Earth Creationist (former atheist)

* John C. Wright - Science fiction author.

Yesss, I Have My Friend. She Says Shes Christian Now. When She Use To Bash At Me About Me Being One. And Everything But Like She Said People Change And Its For The Better < 3

I, at one point, treated all christians under the stereotype that they were hypocrites and not all there. But after meeting some really cool christians and spending time on here I got over that kind of thinking. And I better understand where they're coming from. I've gone to their non-denominational church a few times and it's not all that bad. But I don't think I'll be formally converting.

• Yes. Me. I hated Christians.

Honestly, I've never met anyone who became a Christian. I've met lots of people who were kind of weak Christians and became devout, or changed sect, but I've never met anyone who actually changed from Atheist, Jew, Muslim, etc. to Christian.

I know there are such people, a lot of them seem to be in poor countries where the Christians are giving social services to converts. But I've never been to such a country, and I've never met any one born here who did it.

I think a lot of us are hypocrites, lol. That's why we're not to judge. Every second we live is a chance to get it right.

No but I've met christians who think that other christians are hypocrites.

Never met anyone like that, but I'm not saying they're hypocrites necessarily.

• Jas

yes, that would be me. and guess what? there are still hypocrites no matter if you are christian or non christian.

No..

never

no just becuase they can does not mean it is r1ght for all of us to be able to have people like that follow us around all the time!