Mike W
Lv 4
Mike W asked in SportsFootball (American) · 1 decade ago

Why is there no Sunday Night Football this week?

The only possibility I can think of is the NFL decided not to compete with the World Series, but come on, who really cares about the Phillies or the Rays? There are lots of NFL games this week that would be more exciting to watch.

12 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

It's not they don't want to compete with the World Series, the NFL KNOWS they'd win anymore. Baseball ratings are low enough that the NFL doesn't need to worry. It is RESPECT for the World Series. Most Sports have the same respect for each other that they wouldn't attempt to put a regular season game the same time as another league's Championship game.

• 1 decade ago

NBC, who present Sunday night football, have the World Series. Ironically a good Week 8 NFL match-up would doubtlessly garner better ratings. Contrary to what has been previoulsy suggested this is no indication of a shift away from football and/or sports programming... LOL

I stand corrected on the NBC/FOX issue, which is even nuttier. Why would the NFL defer to MLB when all of the other leagues encroach on the NFL season more and more each year. Goodell must go.

• Mike J
    Lv 5
    1 decade ago

It's the World series, and it's because the NFL doesn't want to take ratings from MLB's championship, and the world series is on Fox not NBC

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

I know I'm one person who doesn't care about the World Series. Bring on the football.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 3 years ago

Bengals vs. Steelers, or Packers vs. Giants. both should be solid video games, because that Cinci continually performs the Steelers and Ravens fairly difficult. It replaced into for the ratings' sake. The Colts fairly, fairly stink this season. Who needs to video show what would properly be an 0-13 team by that week, vs. a contender?

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

THE WORLD SERIES!

• 1 decade ago

I don't know, I hate baseball and now I won't have anything to watch on Sunday night.

• Chad C
    Lv 6
    1 decade ago

yep, the ridiculous World Series. I hate it too, they do it every year

• 1 decade ago

yea it's the world series and they do it every year.

• 1 decade ago

werent there nhl games during game 1?

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.