What is a reasonable amount a man should pay in child support for one child?

Right now my fiance is order to pay $515/month for one child. This amount was based on his income when he was living in Florida making a substantial amount of money. He has since moved to Missouri with me and is making half of what he was. Finding a job was very difficult for him and the are garnishing his checks... show more Right now my fiance is order to pay $515/month for one child. This amount was based on his income when he was living in Florida making a substantial amount of money. He has since moved to Missouri with me and is making half of what he was. Finding a job was very difficult for him and the are garnishing his checks taking 50% to make up for when he was behind. My aunt is an attorney and will be helping him lower the amount and gain legal visitations, but I'm curious as to what others might be paying. I know it's based on the guardian and non-custodial parent's income, but I just wanted to feel out what others are paying. I have a strong opinion about child support. I was a single mom for 2 years and never received a penny in child support and I made it just fine. His ex is money hungry. I don't think it's fair that men should have to compromise their life for 18 years paying the ex half of his income when another man has stepped in as the father taking financial responsibility. I'm not trying to start a debate regarding child support because I know this can be a touchy subject for some. I'm just wanting to see what some of you other men out there are paying per child. Thanks!!