hammy asked in Arts & HumanitiesDancing · 1 decade ago

do you think ballroom dancing is gay?

I really like ballroom dancing, especially the tango, mambo, and the salsa. I want to learn how those dances. What do you think of ballroom dancing? Do you think it is gay? i have had a passion for ballroom dancing since i was 15, now im 19 and i really want to learn how to ballroom dance, when im done with school i want to open a tango/mambo/salsa dancing club

Favorite Answer

Contrary to what all your guy friends probably tell you, ballroom dancing is one of the most anti-gay things you can possibly do.

What's "more gay": ballroom dancing or wrestling? Think about it: grabbing a sweaty guy in a leotard and laying on top of him on a mat? Or holding your body against a girl's body and doing sensual moves? Don't get me wrong, I like "manly" sports like wrestling, but those guys can't throw stones and say dancing is gay when their sports are much more "gay" in practice.

I started ballroom and Latin dancing when I was 18 years old and have been doing it for four years. I really enjoy it: it's good exercise and you get to meet lots of cute girls and make lots of physical contact with them. Yet another non-gay thing about dancing: most girls love a guy who can dance. Even if you can't dance well, just the fact that you enjoy it will turn a lot of girls on.

Forget what all the jocks say about dancing: do it. You'll totally love it and wont' regret a thing.

No, ballroom dancing is not gay! Very far from it. Go ahead open a dance studio when you are done with school. You see, I had a dance studio before (it was already sold, but that's another question!), I met so many dancing enthusiasts and befriended many people that until now are my good friends. It's true that some dancing instructors are gay, but it does not mean that it is a gay thing. When you are floating in a tango pose, or a hot mambo or salsa number, your troubles are instantly dissolved and you are always in a happy mood. The only way to explain it is to experience it. I admire you for your interest in ballroom dancing because it would really make your life better and could just drive the blues away. Go ahead. Enjoy dancing, and it is a very profitable business too.

Good luck to you.

Source(s): Personal experience.

Saying that ballroom dancing is gay because your a guy is a silly stereotype that should be thrown right into the garbage right along with all the other still stereotypes about homosexuality and other things/groups of people. If you have a passion for something, especially something positive like this then you should go for it! If your guy friends pick on you about it then you must question if they are your true friends and you should call them out on it immediately. If you don't they will carry on teasing you.

As to your question no it is not gay!

Ballroom dancing is definitely not gay. I mean, you're surrounded by girls that are often wearing very little clothing, how is that gay? Besides, most girls love guys that can dance. None of the guys I dance with are gay, one of them is a builder, and the stereotype that dancers are "gay" is stupid.

Source(s): Ballroom & Latin American dancer.

No I think it's great you want to learn

When you get a girlfriend or if you have one already it will be nice to know you are able to dance the tango or salsa

no it is not gay, ive learned ballroom and latin, mambo been my fav, Only problem i have is trying to find a guy who loves dancing as much as i do, would be cool if more men could dance,,follow your dream

no it's not gay. people take up ballroom dancing as a hobby, to get fit or to relax. if u wanna take up ballroom then go for it don't let anyone get in your way!

There are some gay guys doing dancing but you can't tar everyone with the same brush, my brother is totally straight and he and his wife thought it would be a great way to keep fit and have together time without the kids, so no it's not gay in my book, its like saying women bus and truck drivers are butch, don't worry what others say, follow your passion, I wish I could dance like that myself they are just so awesome to watch, follow your dreams, I wish you goodluck! :)

I think it's HOT. I love ballroom too and I started learning 2 months ago!

No, its not gayy. its a free country and you should be able to do what you want. Besides most people think its sexy, so i say good on ya!!!!

we need more ballroom dancers in this world(: