Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and beginning April 20th, 2021 (Eastern Time) the Yahoo Answers website will be in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

David C asked in HealthDiet & Fitness · 1 decade ago

Is there an online site that gives free workout tips?

I'm looking for a site that gives free workout tips and tips on getting abs. I don't need a so-called "quick trick" that will supposedly get me a six-pack in 2 days. I just want tips on how to work out and what to eat to get in shape.

3 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

If you want to stay in shape, you need to adopt healthy eating habits and make exercise a part of your daily life.

How to start?

Choose exercises you enjoy according to your fitness level. Aerobics exercises move the muscles fairly continuously and strengthen the heart and lungs. Examples of such activities are brisk walking, jogging, aerobic dancing, swimming, badminton, cycling and football.

If you have not exercised for a long time or just started, start slowly and increase gradually over a period of 3 to 6 weeks.

For those who are above 35 years old, overweight, or have medical problems, you need to check with a medical doctor before you embark on an exercise programme.

Frequency or How often?

Exercise for at least 20 minutes, 3 times a week or more

Intensity and duration?

Do exercise until you perspire and breathe deeply without getting breathless. You should be able to talk or whistle while exercising.

Do warm up and stretch for at least 5 minutes before exercise. Also not to forget to cool down and stretch after exercise.

• 1 decade ago

you want to be ripped, go to bodybuilder.com. eating is more important than workout for abs. this is because no matter how strong your abs are, no one can see them if it's covered by a thick layer of lard.

• Maggi
    Lv 4
    1 decade ago
Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.