Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Politics & GovernmentElections · 1 decade ago

So who does John McCain's brother Joe, think he is?

John McCain's brother's angry 911 call: a short family fuse

Republican presidential candidate John McCain’s brother, Joe McCain, called 911 in Alexandria, Va., to complain about traffic earlier this week. And when they told him that 911 was only for emergencies, he used an expletive to the operator and hung up.

Wow. And they say John McCain is a hot head. Maybe short fuses run in the McCain family.

Here's a snippet of the transcript:

Operator: Alexandria 911, state your emergency

Caller: Well, it's not an emergency but do you know why on one side at the damn drawbridge of 95 traffic is stopped for 15 minutes and yet traffic's coming the other way across the drawbridge?

Operator: Sir, are you calling 911 to complain about traffic? (pause)

Caller: "[Expletive]" (caller hangs up)

The operator called the caller back and received this message: "Hi this is Joe McCain I can't take this message now because I'm involved in a very (inaudible) important political project... I hope on Nov. 4th we have elected John."

The operator then called the number back and left a message for Joe about how it is illegal to use a 911 number for anything other than emergencies.

Here's the best part: An outraged Joe called the operator back to complain about being read the riot act about calling 911 and got read the riot act again.

http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/thedishrag/2008/10...

After referring to everyone in north Virginia as "communists" last week, is it time for John to throw his brother Joe under the bus and kick him off the campaign trail?

rayne: yes it did

here is another link

http://www.news8.net/news/stories/1008/563913.html

Dizzy yet: Lets see a link if it has been debunked.

Otherwise you are full of sh!t.

• Nora
    Favorite Answer

the brother seems to be stressed out and very angry. Is the candidate also a hot head with a bad temper and stress problem? It can run in families....

• I'm not sure who he *thinks* he is, but he apparently *is* a vile, foul-mouthed, delusional, angry elitist. He obviously thinks he's better than others, which somehow gives him permission to abuse a system meant to help people in real emergencies. But what the he#@--he's a McCain! He's a reeeeeeeeeeeeeal important guy and can do whatever he wants, and anyone who tries to make him obey the LAW deserves to be cursed at.

He also called the police about his little traffic frustration. Hasn't this fool ever heard of the radio? Oh right, that's for the common people. He has to get special treatment. But right, the Repubs are the ones who care about the common man, like "Joe" the not even a real plumber who has nowhere near enough money to buy a business, thanks to the Bush policies.

So typical of the right wing, though. It's just fine for them to ignore the law, all the while complaining about politicians being "soft" on crime. He broke the law and ought to suffer the legal consequences, but he won't.

And for anyone who tries to say this didn't happen, you're just another delusional, illogical, can't-face-the-facts Right Winger. The man has issued and apology. Not because he's sorry he did it, but sorry he got caught.

No, Joe McCain is not John McCain, but he's got a lot of the same genes, and he *was* working officially for the campaign. Another unstable McCain Campaign Staffer. I'm surprised he didn't say a large black man was blocking the traffic and carved a B on his Hummer!

Hardly the same comparison. If you are comparing a possible US president to having known and been associated with a terrorist - it is FAR more relevant than an ignorant phone call placed by anothers brother (that did not affect anyone's lives). Hmmm..hard to see that Obama supporters cannot see that. Must be that wool thats over your eyes.

• .-.

though not his finest monent i dont think he is the only person in america to call 911 for a non emergency calling it a short family fuse is like saying all people of spanish decent came across the border or saying that al laferican americans are drug dealers get a clue

Jimmy (Carter) had Billy.

Now John (McCain) has Joe.

Makes me glad I am an only child.

I guess he thinks he was an outraged motorist with too little sense to call the appropriate number to register his complaint about traffic. Are you attempting to draw some correlation between his brother and himself ? If so, that's a very weak attack. Remember Billy Carter ?

:-(

• Exile

They do resemble commmunists in ideology, I live in Virginia. I didn't know Joe (not the plumber) was running for president. Obama has his own embarassments to worry about---the marxist and racist kind. Ayers, Wright and Acorn oh my!

LMAO: I just saw this,is this guy a jerk or what. I thought is was a joke at first. Maybe this is the October surprise,naa, this is no surprise.

Vote for McBush

This was debunked 2 days ago. That's not Joe McCain.

Next?