What are my chances of getting a staph infection....?

My boyfriend has a cyst thing that yesterday he thought was a badly ingrown hair so I messed with it trying to find a hair and told him it was something else but I didn't know what. Today he went to the doctor and found out it was a staph infection. I washed my hands afterwards but not very well assuming it was nothing and now I am wondering how likely it is that I will pick up the infection.... also, can they do any blood test or anything to find out if I got it before anything visibly forms since I did touch the infection on him?

Favorite Answer

every day we are subjected to staph and other infection and the immunity overcame it never mind it would be ok

So long as you washed your hands right afterwards, and had no scratches or cuts I would imagine you would be fine...

I hope the staph your reffering to isn't mrca ><

good luck to both of you ^.^

• Star

you might want to watch for the next couple of days and ask the doctor about it. they might give you antibiotics to prevent it. since you live with him, share a bed and such you have already been exposed. so it is possible, just watch and ask the doctor.

yeah about 70%