Thinking about starting a laundry service... how would you collect the money?

I live in a town with a lot of men who work long hours 6 or seven days a week. And they are constantly complaining about the laundry service here not being open or doing a good job. So I was thinking about starting my own business. But I'm not sure about getting paid. I want to pick it up in the morning and drop it off in the evening or the next morning. But if their not home what would be a good way to collect the money.

Favorite Answer

Have them pay ahead of time, or offer to do it the first time on terms ( pay withing 5 days or something) just so they can see you do a good job and be comfertable with paying you upfront. I work in collections and this is the easiest way to aviod payment issues!

• Tatem

Tell them to have cash or a check made out to you when you deliver the clothes to them, supply them with an envelope with your name and amount on the front. But if they pay in advance they get a discount of some sort.

You could call the other people who are doing this service and pretend your wanting their service and see what they do.

• Jay S

Your perceived problem is exactly why delivery based businesses have a hard time. There are always people who aren't going to pay and you'll have lots of fun chasing them down for small change, wasting your time and gas, especially if you have already returned their stuff.

Hold on to their stuff until they pay you and now you're back to the problem of not being any more convenient than the competition.

Bill them. If they don't pay, keep their clothes until they do. If you live in small town you shouldn't have a problem.

i have a better opportunity for you, then opening a laundry service that you will make wa more money and you wont have to work at all. you will work for yourself, and have way more time with your family, no lie,if your interested my email is miss_diamond_queen@yahoo.com please let me no. its a great opportunity