I need my security deposit!! Landlord wont call me?

I was renting an apartment and moved out by the end of July. I gave my landlord my forwarding address and gave proper notice. PA law states that after taking out damages and unpaid rent, a landlord or property owner must send its tenants the list of damages and/or the full or partial security deposit no later... show more I was renting an apartment and moved out by the end of July. I gave my landlord my forwarding address and gave proper notice. PA law states that after taking out damages and unpaid rent, a landlord or property owner must send its tenants the list of damages and/or the full or partial security deposit no later than 30 days after the lease ends or when the landlord accepts the tenant's keys to vacate the premises early, whichever occurs first. After 30 days passed I called and left a message, called again and talked to the assistant who stated she thought he mailed the security deposit and would call me back. Never heard back. Its now Oct. Do I need to get a lawyer involved or is there a state agency that will help me for free? What do I do next

8 answers 8