My first computer build?

Heres my first build what do you think I know it's overkill but I was more future proofing

Specs:

Antec Twelve Hundred Black Steel ATX Full Tower

ASUS Striker II Formula LGA 775 NVIDIA nForce 780i SLI ATX Intel Motherboard

EVGA 512-P3-N873-AR GeForce 9800 GTX+ 512MB 256-bit GDDR3 PCI Express 2.0 x16 HDCP Ready SLI Supported Video Card X2

ABS Tagan BZ Series BZ800 800W ATX12V / EPS12V SLI Ready CrossFire Ready 80 PLUS Certified Modular Active PFC Patent Piperock Modular Power Supply

Intel Core 2 Quad Q9300

Crucial Ballistix 4GB (2 x 2GB) x2 so 8gb memory

Seagate Barracuda 7200.11 ST31000340AS 1TB 7200 RPM SATA 3.0Gb/s Hard Drive X2 so 2 tb

LG Black LG Blu-ray/HD DVD-ROM & 16X DVD±R DVD Burner SATA

Thats it a few questions though is an OS I can't decide between Vista 64bit or xp 64 bit and also is their any better memory that I should get? I will be using this computer for gaming and will have dual monitors

1 Answer

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

Go with Vista. Your machine can handle it fine. You well get better graphics out of games with vista then with XP.

Ram seems okay, check the speed of your RAM! get the fastest speed your motherboard can take.

4gb of the Faster RAM is better then 8gb of slower ram.

• Login to reply the answers
  • 1 decade ago

A lot of the issues with Vista have been cleared up with the recent updates, but it's still not as smooth as XP. I'd go with XP for now, you can always upgrade later.

For the memory if you really want to future proof go with some DDR3 like the Corsair Dominator, that stuff is great. I'm not sure abou the ABS Tagan series psu, I'd suggest an Antec, very effecient.

Other than that, solid system, good luck.

• Login to reply the answers
Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.